We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro

Hello,

What is the best way to get to Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cimitero delle Fontanelle
Cimitero delle Fontanelle
2,007 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Catacombe di San Gennaro
Catacombe di San Gennaro
3,539 Reviews
Naples, Italy
3 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,401 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro

You could walk, it's only a little over a mile but it is uphill.

If you don't want to walk the entire way you could walk out to Via S. Teresa degli Scalzi and pick up either the C63, C67, R4, 168, 178, of 460 buses, all of which have a stop just across from the entrance to the San Gennaro catacombe.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
753 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro

If you walk, be sure to catch the Rampe San Gennaro dei Poveri street, as the Via S. Teresa degli Scalzi is on a much higher level than the other streets (Naples really taught me about considering different terrain levels while navigating with maps). There is also an elevator on Via Sanità, but back in 2014, I've never seen him in service, I think (though it might be my memory playing tricks on me and in any case, maybe it has been repaired).

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,401 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro

Yes, you do have to pay attention to that in Naples. Intersections that look normal on a map can actually be one road that's 20 or 30 feet above the other one. In this case you'd need to walk a little bit south (to Vico della Neve) or north (to San Gennaro dei Poveri) to find an actual intersection.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Reply to: Cimitero Delle Fontanelle to Catacombe di San Gennaro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted