We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from cruise port to Cappella Sansevero

rhode island
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from cruise port to Cappella Sansevero

Looking for locals to advise ...I’ve google the route and it gives a few options, but not sure which is best route as far as safety and scenic/ shops and cafes.. any suggestions or advice?

Best Seller
Rome to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius Day...
3,805 Reviews
from USD 142.70*
Capri and Blue Grotto Day Tour from...
261 Reviews
from USD 178.30*
Capri Day Trip from Rome
1,216 Reviews
from USD 172.40*
1 reply
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from cruise port to Cappella Sansevero

If you've got time and energy walking up is fine but what a google map doesn't show you is that it's uphill from the port. Not steeply so, just a long slow pull. On a hot day it would be nice to take the metro from Municipio (across from the port) up to Dante and walk back from there.

The most direct route, which would be what google maps comes up with, isn't particularly interesting. I would instead walk up the ramp alongside Castel Nuovo and check out the front of that building (to see how buildings were reused and updated for newer tastes), then past Teatro San Carlo and the Palazzo Reale to check out Piazza Plebiscito and then up Via Toledo, stopping in to see the Galeria as you go by.

I'd continue along Via Toledo to Via Maddaloni and follow along this (Spaccanapoli) past Gesù Nuova and Santa Chiara, then on to Cappella Sansevero.

Afterwards, if you have time, be sure to check out the cloisters at Santa Chiara. It's one of my favorite spots in the city, an oasis of quiet.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 09:33
Reply to: Walking from cruise port to Cappella Sansevero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted