We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

Hello,

I want to go to Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano what is the best way to get there without a car? Dante metro and Stazioni Napoli Montesanto are near where I'm staying.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Napoli Suite
Napoli Suite
403 Reviews
Naples, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

Perhaps others can chime in with more knowledge, but I think a cab might be your best bet. We drove there, and it didn't seem to be near much of anything - the entrance is on the side of a switchback road outside of the city. It is a very cool site, though.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

Is it worth visiting?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,380 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

The C1 bus takes you right to the entrance.

To reach that I think the easiest route would be the line 2 metro from Montesanto to Campi Flegri, where you can get the C1 bus right to the grotta.

…napoli.it/flex/…16510

www.anm.it/index.php…

Edited: 09 May 2018, 06:42
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano

It is definitely an interesting site -- a massive tunnel through the mountain ending in an amphitheater with incredible views. I guess if it is worth it depends on how much time and hassle it might take to get there. We also really loved the Flavian Amphitheater, which is probably easier to get to by public transport -- walkable from a metro stop, I believe. While smaller than the Roman Colosseum, it was more fun because you could freely wander the underground area. There are some photos of both attached to my review of the tour company we visited both sites with: https:/…REVIEWS

Mentioned in this post
Flavian Amphitheater
Flavian Amphitheater
519 Reviews
Pozzuoli, Italy
Reply to: Cave of Sejanus/Grotta di Seiano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted