We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet transfers from airport

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet transfers from airport

Hi, looking to book a few days in Sorrento beginning of May, Easyjet charge £67pp for a private return transfer.

I have seen comments on here about a couple of private taxi firms which come highly highly recommended. I just wondered if anyone had used the Easyjet transfer and if so who they are (we have had Resorthoppa in the past with quite a long wait and some confusion as to our pick up time in Berlin to go back to the airport).

Basically would I be better to book a private transfer myself or do Easyjet use a reliable firm in Italy.

Thanks in advance :)

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

Although we had a satisfactory flight to Sorrento from Stansted in May 2014 they don't get higher marks than any other "bargain airline". I would suggest that you arrange your own transfer. If you use the search box above your OP, you might find information about a direct bus from the airport. Our flight arrived (on schedule) too late to use that bus. But even a fixed rate (print out the PDF from the Naples taxi bureau to wave in the driver's face if necessary) to the Circumvesuviana train would be much cheaper. But the train is a rush-hour experience all day, belt-safe under your pants recommended by most.

Unless you are in a really rockbottom hotel, I would suggest you contact them and use the transfer firm they recommend, because the hotel has a strong incentive to have happy customers, if you see what I mean. We paid 90 or 100 Euros one-way Hotel Ambasciatori to Naples rail station - airport would be 10 or 15 more, I think. Because we spent the arrival night in Naples, we walked to the rail station and took the Circumvesuviana for 2.4 or 2.8 Euros each, but it was jam-packed, so we stood in the vestibule with our luggage - racks over the seats too small and the aisles jammed anyway, so we couldn't have reached those racks with smallest carryons.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

Check out Ugo at Sorrento Cars. Very reliable private drivers. Comfortable vehicles. English speaking drivers. Very courteous and friendly. Private pick up in the airport and direct transfer to your accomodation. Check out reviews and prices. (Yesterday, I suggested 3 companies to a traveller and he booked Ugo. )

We have used private drivers to transport us from Naples airport, and have also booked through Thomson and Thomas Cook and travelled in their air conditioned coaches.

Buses and trains are cheaper, but you have to drag suitcases, queue and then get from the station to your accomodation in Sorrento. Taxis are very expensive.

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

se26201, yes I have head very good reviews of Sorrento cars, if I was to book the transfers both ways, do they give you all the information beforehand i.e. pick up time from hotel to go back to airport or do you need to contact them in resort. I tend not to use my phone if I am away that's all.

How much roughly would we be looking at for a return transfer for 2 adults.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
711 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

If you book through easyjet then the transfers will be given to a local company with which they have a cooperation and it could be more expensive than contact directly some cars companies.

If you check transferelax they charge eur 70,00 up 3 people and check also with the hotel you booked.

Edited: 27 March 2015, 03:03
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

ksmangan....

Sorrento Cars have glowing reviews. They charge 70€ one way for two people with the pick up from the airport direct to your hotel. (This is around £50.)

You can contact them direct via Sorrento Cars/ Leonardo Travel.Once you confirm, you have to provide arrival times and accommodation details. If you book return travel the company will arrange pick up times.

We take a mobile phone with us in case we need to make contact. We leave it in the hotel safe .

Hope this helps.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

Why not take the airport bus and save money www.curreriviaggi.it

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

curreriviaggi.it/autolinee/images/AUTOLINEE_…

For 10 euro one way I would take the bus. From April 1, the schedule is as per the above link. You can also reserve your tickets online.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

Kathy.......This is a good price for door to door travel in the comfort of a Mercedes car.We found taxi fares in Sorrento extremely high. Some hotels in Sorrento are a very long way out. If it's central you can walk, but if you end up having to pay a lot for a taxi, the private car fare is not hugely more.

Ugo' s rates are very competitive at 70€ direct to the hotel. (Post 1 was charged 90€ from the railway station in Naples to The Ambasciatori in Sorrento- a 10 minute walk from the station.)

We usually book through Thomson or Thomas Cook with transfer travel included . This is by coach that has drop off points at several hotels in Sorrento and takes longer than the private car. I have no objection with this and often travel this way.

We once took a direct flight from Manchester, got a bus from Naples to Sorrento, then had to drag our suitcases to our hotel that was in the centre and just off Tasso Square. Traffic was whizzing by at the speed of light, we had a cobblestone alleyway to contend with and it was blazing hot.

That's why I suggested Ugo!

Sue.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

ksmangan - where will you be staying in Sorrento? I agree with se262014 - if you can work it into your budget, a private transfer is worth every penny. A comfortable, hassle-free way to arrive at your hotel!

Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet transfers from airport

Hi everyone

I am looking at organising a private transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento in September and have been quoted 110Euros one way by two separate recommended Sorrento taxi services. Is that the norm? It would be cheaper to arrange a luxury car transfer with a holiday transfer company before we go, but I thought going direct would be better.

Any thoughts?