We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri Itinerary

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri Itinerary

My head is spinning because i am trying to plan our trip to Italy and there is so many beautiful places to visit! After days of discussing with my bf, we eventually decided on Amalfi Coast in September. We are both in our 30s and like walking, sightseeing, good food and a bit of relax on the beach. Initially we were opting for staying only in Amalfi for a week but lots of hotels are not available for full week (yup, we left it too late);so we thought about splitting our time between few places. We can extend our stay to 9 days. We fly into Naples on Wednesday & this is the itinerary we came up with:

Wednesday: transfer to Amalfi ; stay 3 nights until Saturday (visit Ravello, Positano, Path of Gods etc)

Saturday: transfer to Sorrento; stay 2 nights, until Monday (Pomeii, Vesuvius)

Monday: 1 night in Capri

Tuesday : travel to Rome, spend 3 nights there until Friday & fly back from Rome.

We would appreciate any input, we are totally flexible regarding places, times etc.Is it worth staying in Capri ?or would one day trip be enough? I do realise it's hard to estimate someone's budget but any advice regarding how much spending money to take would be welcome as well, as we have no idea:)

Thank you!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
185 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri Itinerary

Sounds like you're doing a good job planning, considering it's late.

My husband and I loved Capri. We did 2 day trips from Sorrento - one day was not enough. If you can spend the night there, I would do it. Wonderful hikes/walks and just so gorgeous. Capri can be quite expensive, so be sure to look at the restaurant's menu before going in.

If Capri ends up too expensive for one night - I would recommend staying the extra night in Sorrento. We stayed in Marina Piccola at Surriento Suites. There is a small beach and also easy to catch the ferries. You can always do what we did and do 2 day trips - the ferry ride is not too expensive and very pretty.

Three nights in Rome is not much at all, but if your purpose is to walk, relax, eat, etc, you will have a great time.

2. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2017, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Amalfi