We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

New York City, New...
6 posts
Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

Hi,

This is my first trip to Italy with my family and I am planning to relax for the last 5 days of trip in either, Sorrento, Amalfi or Positano can someone please recommend which one is better. I have found a hotel Sorrento called the Hilton Sorrento Palace has anyone stayed there? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
1,204 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

Sorrento is a wonderful base to explore several destinations: the Amafi Coast (take a tour bus or a city bus, but city buses are very crowded) and Pompeii/Ercolano as well as Naples. Hilton is not too close to the center of Sorrento, as far as I know. Try Grand Hotel de La Ville: a true gem - the best service, fabulous restaurants, two pools, nice views (sea view room is a must, if you are planning to spend time on the hotel). Enjoy!

New York City, New...
6 posts
2. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

Thanks so much for your advice!!

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
366 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

I love positano... or would pick capri!

4. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 01:35
5. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:56
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

Positano all the way...

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
361 reviews
7. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

How do you enjoy relaxing?

Positano is unbelievably beautiful. Buildings of all kinds HUG the hillside. Chill out on a beach.

Amalfi is busier. Easy to get up to Ravello. Both lovely. Great walks too.

Sorrento is my favourite place. I love the main street, especially in the evening when locals come out and stroll in the cooler air. The best part for me is the historical cobblestone area with alleyways packed with restaurants and shops.

Sorrento can be as peaceful or as lively as you want it to be. There is a tiny fishing village at its foot called Marina Grande. Lunch by the sea at St. Anna or dinner at Delfino - wonderful.

Lots of beautiful hotels. The Maniello Group prides itself on providing an excellent service. {Check their website} I love The Bristol Hotel that is located in a slightly elevated position. Views are spectacular. The Capodimonte ,next door, has superb views and a garden with five cascading pools. What could be more relaxing than that?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,236 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

The Sorrento Palace a is big Hotel, set back from the Town, personally never stayed there but know people who have, its got a lot going for it, I prefer more central authentic Hotels, but whatever you choose, Sorrento is an ideal base for the area,

9. Re: Amalfi, Sorrento or Positano

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2016, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Amalfi