We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Charlotte
1 post
Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Hi

I am trying to find a location anywhere off the amalfi coast (Positano,Miori etc) where the reception overlooks the water and is elegantly done. if anyone used a wedding planner in that region who did a spectacular job and did not cost a fortune please send their name and details of your wedding reception. I am also trying to figure out what type of ceremony to have since I am not catholic but would still want it to be romantic and be as close to a church wedding as possible.

Houston
8 posts
1. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

We were married last summer in Amalfi. There are two locations that immediately come to mind- the Santa Caterina and the Hotel Luna Convento. We used www.italian-weddings.com. Martina was our coordinator and did a fantastic job! Ours was a small scale budget friendly wedding, with the reception at Eolo Ristorante, with views of the ocean and the town. I'm sure she can work within any price range. Good luck! Ours was an amazing experience!

FL
7 posts
2. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

We got married in Positano in October 2005 and used Ms. Laura Frappa. She works for www.exclusiveitalyweddings.com

Visit their website, they have plenty of information and I am sure they can help you to plan something really special. Good luck.

3. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2006, 05:13
4. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2006, 07:59
Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Congratulations PRiamo! How exciting! My husband and I were married in Italy in June 2000. Initially, my plan was to coordinate the event myself and get married in either Ravello or Amalfi. However, after getting a brief education on the legal red tape involved in an Italian wedding, I quickly decided to hire a professional! This was the BEST decision I could have made. We hired Gabriella LoJacono, a native Italian who has been doing this for years and has since been featured in several magazines for her fantastic work. Best of all, her prices were amazingly modest. I am attaching her website below; however, the web pictures simply do not do justice! If she is still using Pino as her sole photographer, words alone cannot do justice to his work! Five years later, we still have wedding pictures all over our house and are constantly told they look like magazine covers! I'm not sure how he made us look like movie stars, but we assuredly look better in the pics than in real life! (Pino has worked in fashion, cinema, and other arenas and is so modest that he would not even accept a tip!)

I would HIGHLY recommend Gabriella--she is a true professional. My criteria for selecting a coordinator was that I preferred a native Italian, or at least someone who lived in Italy, and obviously someone with a lot of experience. I would ask specifically if she is still using Pino. (If interested, I would be happy to e-mail you some of our favorite pics with backdrops that I personally think exceed those on the website.)

As for our wedding site...initially as I stated, we pursued an Amalfi Coast wedding. However, a couple of things changed our minds. First, we planned to arrive about a week before the wedding, along with my parents and sister. The A.C. is such a romantic and secluded setting in Italy that we thought we'd run out of "family" things to do in a week. Second, I mostly wanted an outdoor ceremony on a balcony overlooking the sea. At least when we got married in 2000, we learned that an official ceremony must be done in the town hall and NOT outdoors. This defeated the purpose, though this may be different now?? That being the case, we opted for unforgettable wedding-day photos with amazing backdrops--this led us down the path to decide on Rome. Gabriella and Pino led us around Rome for several hours after the wedding and took our pictures in front of the Colsseum, Trevi Fountain, etc. The results exceeded any expectations we EVER could have had for wedding pictures!! Lastly, the necessary paperwork once in Italy (some can be done before you leave home) must be done at the U.S. Embassy--I believe this would be Naples for the A.C.?

We still had the burning desire to go to the A.C., so we spent the first leg of our honeymoon there. Gabriella was instrumental in helping us select hotels in each of our honeymoon cities, and the town and hotel she recommended was the Hotel Luna in Amalfi. This was a wonderful place and our only regret was not having stayed longer! For our needs and the fact that my family attended the wedding, this scenario worked out best. I was much happier spending our days on the A.C. in romantic seclusion on our honeymoon as opposed to busy wedding planning with my family! Also, for having guests, Rome worked out very well as a "launching pad" for a week. We had numerous things to do and day trips from there, infinite restaurants and places to visit, etc. Plus, our hotel that Gabriella recommended for Rome (Hotel dei Trinita) was a short walk from the U.S. Embassy for added convenience.

This was the journey we ended up taking as we assessed our wedding/honeymoon needs and it worked very well for us, though of course your situation may be quite different. I wish you well on your destination wedding journey, and I'm sure you'll have no regrets!

Below is Gabriella's website, though feel free to e-mail me if you'd like pics or more info. How exciting for you--good luck!!

http://www.wedding-in-rome.com/

My e-mail: MSwaney1@aol.com

Ilford Essex
Level Contributor
47 posts
6. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Hi I have just replied to Lucy222 and you may find some of what I have written of use, also take a look at what Nolana as well. Good Luck

Illinois
9 posts
1 review
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Hi

I'll be marring in two years, Ravello for sure, and our contact is Paulette at www.weddingravello.it . We met her in person in New York during a weddingshow. She is really a helpful and exaustive person. Can't say how much our wedding will cost, but for sure, their fee is very very low, compared to others we met. I heard that, even if you are not catholic, you can anyway have a blessing in the church (or anyplace else) , and this might be an option to your wedding. So plan your civil wedding and also this blessing that will give you the romance that you are looking for.

8. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Removed on: 31 January 2006, 00:59
9. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Removed on: 12 March 2006, 02:03
london
Level Contributor
35 posts
10. Re: Amalfi Wedding Planners - If you used a wedding planner in...

Hi Priamo,

we are getting married in september in ravello. we are using a wedding planner who is situated there. We are having a church wedding, but we did have a look at the town hall in ravello and it was beautiful. You don't need to spend any money on flowers which is fantastic as the garden where you can have the ceremony is full of them and it just looks so romantic. The reason we went to the town hall was because our planner had a wedding taking place at the time and it all looked so perfect (she does the translating too). The website is www.hotelsandweddings.com. There are millions of planners out there though, so good luck with your final choice.