We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

anyone know how long approximately the track from Amalfi to the Belvedere of Torre dello Ziro? assuming it's a non-stop, medium level fitness walk. i think from the beginning of Valle delle Ferriere, there is a path to the right towards Torre dello Ziro before reaching Pontone. If there's such track, that would save my time up not having to go up to Pontone. we just plan to do Amalfi - Torre delle Ziro belvedere - Amalfi

but I'm not sure whether it's well signposted in any junction before reaching Pontone and I also think the Belvedere comes first before the Torre but not sure as well whether it's the same path with the Torre or we need to do a detour for the Belvedere

18 replies to this topic
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

You get to the Torre from Amalfi via Atrani!

Ca. 25 min walk says Google maps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

Hi , the torre could be reached from amalfi, pontone, ravello and atrani. But the more 'direct' path is from pontone. From the other towns, it requires more hikes or passing another town. I've tried Gmaps and it does not give the correct path calculation for the torre

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

I don't think you're right. Pontone is much more inland, direction Scala, whilst the Torre is much closer to sea, and in between Amalfi and Atrani.

Aren't you mistaking with the Torre del Ziro hotel in Ravello?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

The Torre is perched uphill overlooking the coast. we could see Atrani on lhs and Amalfi on rhs downhill. I got this trekking map if starting from Amalfi

https:/…

You'd see the track up to Pontone before it turns downhill. But i think we don't need to walk up to Pontone that far, there should be somewhere near Pontone that we could take the path downhill already to the Torre. Compare it with the trekking map I got from fellow TA (the Torre trek is in blue)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer…

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

But your blue trail to the Torre is definitely longer than the trail suggested by by Google via Atrani.

We once did the hike down from Ravello to Amalfi via Atrani, and can definitely see this trail to the Torre work out well.

Looking at pictures taken from the Torre towards Atrani, it might be rather steep though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

unfortunately i could only do it from Amalfi as time constraint. How long would you think if you head to the Torre from Atrani?

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

Think you are wrong, it's shorter via Atrani!!

Amalfi-Atrani is 5-10 minutes walk!

25 minutes in total:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Costiera+Amalfitana,+Amalfi,+Salerno,+Italië/Torre+dello+Ziro,+Via+Quisisana,+84010+Castellammare+di+Stabia+NA,+Italië/@40.6347265,14.6032288,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x133b95adc34c71a1:0x4ce8cf14c94f4cdc!2m2!1d14.6028963!2d40.6333389!1m5!1m1!1s0x133b95aed05d7e25:0x68bb8e9be7ca9fcd!2m2!1d14.6056819!2d40.6359059!3e2

Edited: 16 May 2018, 06:37
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

that's interesting but the path shown in gmaps is not clear. it seems i'll need to go under a pedestrian tunnel from the main road then go up set of stairs at the side of Atrani but then the path does not seem to connect because the belvedere is very high and does not seem to show the path to reach the belvedere. i switch the 'map' mode to 'satellite' mode to view the terrain. i do see there seems to be a set of stairs nearby the Torre itself but not up to the belvedere

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

i found this map and i don't know is it because the track involves up to Ravello but it does not show a 'direct' track from the Torre & Atrani

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer…

Edited: 17 May 2018, 16:39
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere

Well, you might be right, your second map indeed suggests that a 'direct' route from Atrani does not exist, for being too steep.

Google being too optimistic?

Reply to: Amalfi to Torre dello Ziro Belvedere
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted