We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

Northeast USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

I'm planning a trip to the Amalfi Coast for late September. We'll be staying in Ravello for a few days for a family function, which we understand is a small, quite place. Afterwards, we'd like to spend a few nights in another of the nearby towns.

Our short list includes Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento...but we're just not sure which. We'd like to be near ferry service, good restaurants, in a bustling area (but not too crazy!).

Amalfi seems like a good choice, but I think we'll probably have already had a chance to explore it from Ravello. Positano seems like the most expensive. And, I'm just not sure about Sorrento.

What would you recommend?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,233 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

Sorrento is an ideal place to stay, such good transport links to the area, a lovely lively town more going on than the the other places in the area, good Restaurants, and by the end of September, not quite so busy, really do not thi9nk you can go wrong,

WI
Level Contributor
45 posts
2. Re: Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

I would say go for Positano as it's gorgous and one of my favorate places. Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for a truly great experience don't you think? Sorrento can be a lot more busy than Positano.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
220 posts
3. Re: Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

Sorrento is more convenient for transportation purposes, but Positano as above is just so beautiful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

We really liked Positano. Depending on where you stay, it can be easy access to the ferry dock. We had great restaurants in Positano too. We stayed at Villa La Tartana - easy walk to ferry and the main square.

5. Re: Amalfi, Positano, or Sorrento?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 20:17