We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi with Kids

MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Amalfi with Kids

Planning a ~6 day trip this August to Amalfi Coast with 3 kids (ages 14,10,4). Would appreciate any advice re: where to stay, eat, visit etc. Considering Positano or Amalfi. Looking to spend ~$400-500/ night max. Please help with advice re: hotel that might have room for 5 of us or do we need 2 rooms.Thanks so much for any recommendations. Seth

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi with Kids

I don't know about hotels that have rooms for 5 people. You might try the B&B we stayed at...I think they had one suite at the property. It may not be what you are looking for though....it is called Villa La Tartana in Positano.

Maybe you could find an apartment. I have seen some on line in the Amalfi area. That may work better and give you 2 bedrooms plus a living area.

I would suggest a day trip to Capri. We loved it. There are some great hikes, but not sure you could easily do with a 4 yr old. Some had lots of stairs. Views were worth the hike though!

Day trips are also available to Amalfi, Ravello and other small cities. We did not have time to got to Pompeii, but I would think the kids would really like that. It could be a history lesson.....

As far as restaurants in Positano, we liked Di Vincenzo, Caffe Positano, Hotel Cove Dei Sarceni (more expensive), La Sponda (more expensive), La Tartagliata (way up on the hillside...they pick you up by bus with advance reservations). For an inexpensive lunch at the beach, get pizza to go from Bucca di Bacco.