We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Wedding advise needed

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Amalfi Wedding advise needed

Hi there

Myself and my future wife is getting married in Amalfi in Oct 2015 and looking forward to it.

We hope to have 70-80 people and they will be manly from Ireland.

We would love your advise from the people who have been on Amalfi on;

Q: the night before; any recommendations of a bar or restaurant or has anyone ever done one of those pizza parties?

Q: the day after it; suggestions of any activities? Boat trip to Capri? Visit the blue grotto? If anyone has booked a boat, is it worth it? Any suppliers or estimated costs would be great.

Q: villa ; accommodation seems to be very expensive and a low standard. I have my family of ten coming and if anyone had any recommendations on a house we can rent that would be appreciated.

Q: getting 60 people from Naples airport to Amalfi ; can you please recommend any bus hire companies to take people people to and from the airport?

Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,698 posts
1. Re: Amalfi Wedding advise needed

October is still high season, if you haven't yet booked lodging - you may have difficulty doing so.

You could check www.summerinitaly.com to see if there are available villas for you and your family.

There are many transfer companies - you may need to get a few vehicles or maybe one of them will have one large enough though -

Where are all these other people (the other 70 or so) staying? In Amalfi, Sorrento, Naples? Have they booked their rooms?

That would be a really big boat for so many people - maybe just take the ferry over to Capri from Amalfi and then book some boats from companies on the island - which you could arrange in advance - see some on here which you can email your inquiries to: www.capri.net - Again, I don't know if there are boats large enough in that situation for so many people, but maybe there is - you just need to make some inquiries: www.capri.net

What "pizza parties" are you referring to?

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Amalfi Wedding advise needed

Haha - I'm also wondering what the Pizza Parties are all about - I've never heard of them..

3. Re: Amalfi Wedding advise needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2016, 16:16