We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in 11 days

Corona, California
1 post
Save Topic
Italy in 11 days

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy for the first time. We booked 3 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Florence and 4 nights in Rome. I wanted to do a day/overnight trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence as well as a trip to the Amalfi Coast (possibly Capri) one of the days from Rome. Any tips on travel or things get the most out of our limited day trips to CT and AC?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in 11 days

when are you going? IMO, you don't have time for a day trip to the AC.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in 11 days

I endorse the above opinion.

In Italy, we have found that less may be more, much more.

You could stay home and rush about to see many interesting things, Oregon is lovely, but an Italy experience should provide a little knowledge of the culture and the people and the way of life. (IMHO). You won't get those by rushing about too much. No part of Oregon is Italian no, not even the Willamette Valley.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,098 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy in 11 days

Amalfi Coast is just not doable in a day trip - as noted by others above; it would be about 8 hours total traveling time just getting there and back.

It needs at the bare minimum one overnight.

4. Re: Italy in 11 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 14:46