We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

venice to milan train

Volgograd, Russia
3 posts
venice to milan train

is there any early morning train from venice to milan ? its so hard to find the train schedule for this trip, all I found was only vice versa train, which is from milan to venice.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
1. Re: venice to milan train

Look at www.trenitalia.com/; there are lots of direct morning trains from Venice to Milan.

Volgograd, Russia
3 posts
2. Re: venice to milan train

I already look at that site..but there is no morning train on 29th January from Venice to Milan...is it the tickets only available at the train station but not through online booking?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
3. Re: venice to milan train

I don't know why the schedules haven't been uploaded for the end of January. The schedules change on December 11, and I was able to see schedules for January 11. I suggest you keep looking.

Volgograd, Russia
3 posts
4. Re: venice to milan train

how to get a cheaper train ticket? by buying the tickets online or just get em at the station? as I notice that travelling throughout Italy by train is a bit expensive.

thanks for the infos!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,240 posts
113 reviews
5. Re: venice to milan train

There are basically 2 ways to grab cheaper train tickets:

- buying 'mini' fares on line, if available. These are good on high speed and intercity trains;

- using regional trains (buying tickets locally). These are slower (e.g. 3.5 hours from Venice to Milan as opposed to 2.5 hours) but cost about half as much.

6. Re: venice to milan train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 17:17