We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

I had read many posts on various forums about the difficulties that people were having using the Trenitalia website particularly when it came to paying with a non European credit card. I along with many others had tried and failed. I then read that many people had used Pantheon Travel in Italy (pantheontravel@hotmail.it) and had found them to be very helpful. I know that I could have waited until I arrived in Italy and bought them at the station but I wanted to take advantage of the Meno 30 discount. I did some research on the Trenitalia website and knew what trains I wanted to catch and how much they cost. I emailed Pantheon travel and within an hour I had my tickets emailed to me. I can't believe that I wasted so much time with Trenitalia. The service charge was minimal. (On total tickets of 340 euro it cost me an extra 20 euro). I would recommend them to anyone outside of Europe who would like to book tickets in advance

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
119 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

So you are saying that you received the 30% discount for the fee of E20 which is an excellent service as long as your schedule is fixed,

I will save this just in case i am this organised on future trips.....guess when coming in at Rome and heading out....or returning it could be helpful. I must admit I have never in many trips had any drama (other than waiting for 80 minutes to reticket in Firenze after Slovenia) to have required advance ticketing but for the cost conscious it is certainly a saving.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Yes, I booked tickets for 4 people trip from Naples to Rome; Rome to La Spezia and then Florence to Venice for total of 364 Euros. I can still change the booking until 24 hours before departure time the only catch being that I would have to pay the difference between the Meno 30 fare and full price. As there are 4 of us it was worth it to get the discount. For us to buy on the day would have been an extra 140 euros.

BPT
Atlanta
Level Contributor
431 posts
40 reviews
156 helpful votes
3. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Chitwan - I read your post last night and have been emailing with Stefano from Pantheon Travel today. My concern is this...there is no website for them. How did you know it wasn't a rip-off? Just feeling a little squeemish.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Yes I suppose that is a risk and I won't know for sure until I try to use the tickets. They look legitimate but I suppose that doesn't mean a whole lot. The reason I tried them was that I had read other positve posts on this forum from people who had successfully booked from them. On my credit card statement it showed as "F.S. Pantheon Travel Roma Ita". Not sure when you are travelling but I will be using the first tickets on the 18th July and would be happy to let you know how I went

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

"Just feeling a little squeemish."

While it won't necessarily work for you, try taking a look at post #15 here....

tripadvisor.com/…24807207

Peter

Edited: 02 June 2010, 19:36
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

I was having trouble booking trenitalia too and just used the email above. Received a very quick reply and I managed to score the fast train for 19 euro special between Rome and Venice! They charged a 2 euro fee per person per ticket. Definitely recommend!!

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
7. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Hi Guys,

Did you use hotmail address to contact pantheontravel?

TIA..>Enander

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
8. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Yes, that is the email address I used. We are in the middle of our trip at the moment (currently in Florence) and have used two of the tickets booked through Pantheon travel and it was all perfectly ok.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

I too have just emailed Stefano from Pantheon Travel - he is most helpful, tickets came through next day and so much cheaper than booking them through an Australian Travel Agent. Contact details for Pantheon Travel are also on the Trenitalia website as one of their agents.

phoefling@lths.org
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
10. Re: How I successfully booked Trenitalia tickets from Australia

Do you think it's safe to do this since we are flying into FCO and planning to take the first train out to Salerno? I'm just wondering if it will be an issue if the plane is delayed. Any advice?