We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion pls-Italy

Doha, Qatar
4 posts
Save Topic
suggestion pls-Italy

Need suggestions!!

day1-landing in milan ,heading to venice for 2 nights and from there to rome for 4 nights and and from there to milan for one night.From milan i m goin to Swiss.

while staying in rome, i m planning to visit one day trip to Pisa, and one day trip to Amalafi coast and

other 2 days roaming in city.

will it be worth going for a one day trip amalafi coast or shud i change to naples.

Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,980 Reviews
from USD 72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
48 Reviews
from USD 365.90*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,082 Reviews
from USD 57.00*
1 reply
California
Level Contributor
12,435 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion pls-Italy

hi.....it's time to be realistic and better informed. You have a week and wish to visit waaay too many destinations all over Italy....Venice, Rome, Pisa, Amalfi Coast, Milan (and possibly switching the AC for Naples)....stop, take a breath and create a more manageable and enjoyable trip.

A MAP will indicate where all these destinations are in relation to each other and a guidebook will let you know what there is to see and do IN these places. Venice and Rome are s.i.g.n.i.f.i.c.a.n.t. destinations and Pisa and the Amalfi Coast are not 'day trips' from Rome. You are trying to "see it all", cramming in just names of places without any concept of their complexity nor geographical distances and travel time.

Speaking of, there is travel time in between each change in destination and it's always more time than you think. Plan 1/2 day with every 'travel day'. You do not have "4 days in Rome"...

7 days/7 nights, with travel time, fly in Milan/train out Milan:

--arrive Milan, train directly to Venice 1/2 day

--Venice 2.5 days/3 nights

--train to Rome 1/2 day

--Rome 2.5 days/3 nights

--train to Milan 1/2 day

--Milan 1/2 day/1 night

--train to Switzerland

Reply to: suggestion pls-Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted