We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

Hi everyone,

im planning for a holiday to Italy for aprox 5 days (on July) (well, not exactly 5 days, will reach Rome at 9pm on the first day).

I was thinking of staying in just Rome, but my friend who visited Rome, mentioned that I can finish most of the tourist site in just 1 day.

(I LOVE historical architecture, art, museums visiting, not a big fan of shopping).

So I was wondering if i should travel to Venice, Florence or Milan other than just Rome. Thank you in advance for the suggestions.

4 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
34,020 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

You can make day visits from Rome to Florence and Orvieto by train www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Your friend appears not to have experienced much of Rome, as Rome has so much to see and enjoy www.rome.info www.timeout.com/rome www.visitflorence.com www.orvietoviva.com www.italia.it/en/discover-italy

Accommodation www.booking.com www.bed-and-breakfast.it

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

thank you for the links.

Do you reckon i can stay in Rome for two days and another two in Naples (a visit to Pompeii & Amalfi) ?

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
801 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

If you love history, museums, art and architecture than 4 days will not be nearly enough to explore Rome. However, preplan how to take a day trip to Pompei in case, heaven forbid, you find you have had enough of Rome.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
22,838 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy

so it's 4 days. ignore what your friend says, you can't see all the sights of Rome in a day, it's just impossible, even for the main sights, Rome is too big. With your interests I think you'll find 4 days short.

I'd suggest Ostia Antica rather than Pompeii, as it is a lot quicker to get to and also very interesting (the port of Ancient Rome)

Or if you want something completely different one day then I second Orvieto, a beautiful hill town that is an easy train ride from Rome

Reply to: Need Suggestions: 5 Days In Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted