We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome the place for valentines?

Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rome the place for valentines?

Hello, i am looking to book a suprise valentines holiday for febuary 2019. I was planning on doing a combined paris-rome week but the weather reviews state snow ice rain dark.. which doesnt seem as pleasent as i imagined. Any destinations that are usually a bit warmer or brighter that also gives a valentines feel? or maybe the paris-rome trip could still be on the cards? .. any help welcome

Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,963 Reviews
from USD 71.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
44 Reviews
from USD 520.00*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,078 Reviews
from USD 56.80*
2 replies to this topic
Australia
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome the place for valentines?

Don’t try to do both in a week John.

Paris can be romantic if you are wrapped up in the cold. Paris is inland, away from the moderating Gulf Stream.

Rome is reliably warmer and more congenial. Having said which it is February and Inghilterra could be nose deep in snow... Rome if there’s snow will smile next day, normally.

Just Rome, there’s a lifetime of wandering, wondering and eating and very pleasant with fewer tourists in February. Research some day trips but don’t commit days until you see the weather forecast when you are there.

This from blog... Rome, February 2010

unmese.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Rome

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome the place for valentines?

Thank you very much. your comments have been fully onboarded. i think a week in rome would be the best option :)

Reply to: Rome the place for valentines?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted