We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Recommendations

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Holiday Recommendations

My boyfriend and I are looking for recommendations for a 2 week holiday in June (departing somewhere between 4th- 11th).

Last year we went to Sicily- Taormina and Cefalu and loved it.

We are looking for the following;

-Similar weather to Sicily high 20s- 35, warm enough sea water

-Sand beaches nearby

-Plenty of restaurants/ a few bars which are not expensive

-A few attractions to visit

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
12,129 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Holiday Recommendations

Sardegna, Cagliari area

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
22,146 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Holiday Recommendations

Presumably you also want somewhere that you can fly to from Cardiff , Or Bristol.

We were in southern Sardina over New Year and loved it. The area around Vilasimius appealed particularly. We even looked up prices to see whether to forsake our usual place on the Costa Brava....but Sardinia is a lot more expensive, even in early July, our usual dates..We flew to Cagliari. In the summer you will also find flights to Olbia and Alghero both further north

Puglia (Bari or Brindisi airports) would be another possibility. The prettiest beaches to my mind were on the Ionian Sea side and Porto Cesareo is in such a pretty setting but not as convenient for the airports as the Adriatic side of the "heel".

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Holiday Recommendations

Hi

Thanks for your reply- really helpful!

How much is it for an average meal out in Sardinia? Are there streets to browse around (like Taormina)/a few activities?

We are flying from Dublin!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,155 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Holiday Recommendations

For typical restaurant prices in any location, I use Google maps to find restaurants we think we'll enjoy and then see if they have a menu to look at online.

Reply to: Holiday Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted