We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

2 posts
Save Topic
CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

Hi everyone!

I will be going to Italy for the whole month of August so I would like to get the CartaFreccia. The thing is that if you are not from Italy you are suppossed to send an email with your information and they will send you your user and password. I sent that two months ago and still don't have any answer. I've tried talking via chat with them but no one gives me an answer.

I would like to know if any of you have done that recently or if you know any othe way to do it.

Thank you!

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
61 Reviews
from USD 375.80*
USD 536.90
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,148 Reviews
from USD 74.10*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,134 Reviews
from USD 58.60*
5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,072 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

Cartafreccia is a loyalty card that is available only to residents of Italy. Look at buying Super Economy tickets instead.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,991 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

#1 - regret to contradict you, Nick, but Cartafreccia is available to non-residents. The procedure for applying is listed at trenitalia.com/tcom/…6 (available in Italian only).

If there is a problem with his application, the OP should contact the Trenitalia call center at +39 0668475475.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 22:17
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,072 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

My apologies. I must have misunderstood something that I read.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

It wasn't easily available to non-residents for a while. But now the page linked to by FF includes a link which, when translated, reads

<If you do not have a domicile in ITALY you can ask for a CartaFRECCIA by sending an email to the e-mail address cfreccia.application@trenitalia.it indicating name, surname, date of birth, place of birth (in case of birth in a foreign country indicate which) , an e-mail address and a telephone number and attaching a legible PDF copy of your valid passport.

Within 30 days you will receive your personal code, a password to access the dedicated online services and the CartaFRECCIA, immediately active, which will have to print and take you on your journeys when using trains operated by Trenitalia. Shipment of the CartaFRECCIA plastic card is not possible under any circumstances.>

I do not know of anyone who has done this.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy

Anyway, there isn't any other way to do it, other than pretending to have an address in Italy (non-resident "domicile", e.g. holiday home), and applying - in one of the ways given, i.e. at a station, via the Call Center, or using a Trenitalia-authorized travel agency - in Italy itself. And that wouldn't work if they require proof of the address in question!

Reply to: CartaFreccia if you are not from Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted