We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many Euros do you think I need for a week in Sicilly?

Farnborough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How many Euros do you think I need for a week in Sicilly?

My husband and I are going to Sicilly for 8 days in 2 weeks and we was wondering how many Euro's we should probably take as we are staying in a bed & breakfast place and so will be eating out a lot. Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
61 Reviews
from USD 375.20*
USD 535.90
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,138 Reviews
from USD 74.00*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,131 Reviews
from USD 58.50*
2 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many Euros do you think I need for a week in Sicilly?

I budget between €50 & €75/ day to cover meals, admissions, and transportation. If you are eating in higher priced places and adding the cost of wine, you might want to budget more.

I don’t take a lot of euros with me. I just use an ATM when I run low on pocket money. I’ve been able to use a credit card on larger purchases and lodging.

TAB

California
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many Euros do you think I need for a week in Sicilly?

Your personal budget is, of course, up to you. I suggest that you bring 200 or so euros over (airports, buses, first few days). What you will wish to have is a DEBIT card. Perhaps two - different banks in case something happens to one AND one credit card for large expenses. When you need cash, withdraw euros from the ATMs. Be mindful and do not carry large amounts of cash on your person-use the room safe. Cash is king in Italy and Sicily; change is hard to come by and paying for a bottle of water with a 20 euro note isn't appreciated. I would always try to have small bills and coins.

If you will be eating breakfast where you are staying...great. Then depending on how you like to travel, stop by markets and/or delis or trattorias for simple lunches and find appealing places for dinners. Have a wonderful time on this remarkable island.

Reply to: How many Euros do you think I need for a week in Sicilly?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted