We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruises Rome to Venice

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Cruises Rome to Venice

I am looking if possible to do a cruise trip from Rome- Florence - CT- Venice or vice versa?

That way we can save hotel and train cost. Are there any good companies who do such cruises?

Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,980 Reviews
from USD 72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
48 Reviews
from USD 365.90*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,082 Reviews
from USD 57.00*
7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

I don't think there are many cruises taking this route, and it would probably cost more than hotels and trains. Our Sunday newspaper travel supplements are full of ads for cruises, and I can recall seeing this journey only as part of a longer cruise around the Mediterranean.

You probably need to talk with a real bricks-and-mortar travel agent.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 17:46
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

The route proposed here does not make sense geographically. To get from Rome to Venice by sea (or vice versa), you must go round the south of Italy. Quite a lot of the trip would be along Italy's east coast. Florence and Cinque Terre are in the wrong direction, along or near the west coast. Italy's geography actually limits your cruise options.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

I did a 13 night cruise that left from Rome and cover those and more. Did it on behalf of my mom so we didn't have to pack and unpack every few days changing hotels....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

Thanks Sushi, do you remember which cruise?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,899 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

Actually there are quite a few cruises doing that route. Go to Cruise Critic and post your question there on the Ports of Call section for Italy: boards.cruisecritic.com

You can also search here: cruisett.com/content.php…

That being said I would not recommend such a cruise. So much is inland in Italy. And such a cruise would not get you to Florence or the CT.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

Maybe Costa, MSC, and others. I look them up on Vacations to Go. But geographically, they usually don't go in the order of ports that you listed.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 02:46
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruises Rome to Venice

We're have a cruise booked that starts in Rome and goes Southbound towards Naples and Sicily, and around to the Adriatic, stopping in ports at Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia, and then ends in Venice. It's through Windstar... A much smaller ship, but it allows us to see ports that many of the bigger ships can't access.

Reply to: Cruises Rome to Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted