We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary

5 posts
1 review
Help with itinerary

Hi. I am looking for suggestions on our itinerary. We are flying into Paris arriving the 17th and departing Rome August 1st. It's a little bit of a last minute trip we decided to take to celebrate our 40th birthday and 15 year anniversary. We have been on 2 Mediterranean cruises and besides Paris we have visited all the areas we have planned, Traveling by cruise easily takes care of getting you to destinations. This trip I wanted to get the land and city experience. This will be our first time having to make arrangements traveling to each city.

We will be traveling July 16 - August 1st for 15 nights.

I am thinking

Paris (5 nights) July 17-22 trying to find a room at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel or a room with a view of the Eiffel tower if anyone has suggestions. If not maybe the St. Gernain area.

Fly to Florence? or any suggestions?

Florence (5 nights) July 22-27. with day trips to cinque terre and another to tuscany for wine tasting

July 27 train to Naples. any suggestions?

Positano (2 nights) July 27-29. I booked hotel Marimare (it was only available 2 nights) and there wasn't much available (I understand Europe books many months out)

July 29 train to rome

Rome July 29-August 1st. thinking about Hotel Barocco

I'm wondering if I should take 1 night from paris and 1 night from florence and squeeze in another stop. If so any suggestions on where to visit?

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your advice.

3 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Help with itinerary

Avenue Duquesne, that's a great location, right down the street from the Ecole Militaire Metro. Le Florimond and the Brasserie le Suffren are two good restaurants. Note that the twinkling light s on the ET go on after dark for a few minutes on the hour.

Orly to Florence we fly Vueling. A Cinque Terre day trip requires spending around 6 hours on trains and at least 4 trips going back and forth from stations. There are several others with less travel time.

As to another stop, two nights yields only a single day.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,545 posts
152 reviews
2. Re: Help with itinerary

You are really moving around!

Have no idea of a price line for hotel suggestions.

In Florence, we stayed at the Hotel Helvetia Bristol and Lungarno Suites

Naples... Parker’s

If you want to stay longer on the Amalfi Coast, try the Santa Caterina in Amalfi or Palazzo Sasso in Ravello.

Hotel Borocco in Rome is a good hotel. Right on Piazzale Barberini, near Spanish Steps, Via Veneto and Via Condotti area.

Excellent Rome trattoria a few blocks from hotel... Hosteria Romana. Reservations a must. 2-3 blocks from hotels, awesome Roman trattoria,

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
801 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Help with itinerary

Personally, I would just "do" Florence and Rome, skip Naples and Positano. You can take day trips from Rome and Florence if you so desire but your trip will be a lot less hectic and more enjoyable.

Reply to: Help with itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted