We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Lecce warmer than Otranto? Lecce e' piu caldo di Otranto?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Is Lecce warmer than Otranto? Lecce e' piu caldo di Otranto?

Hello! Ciao!

We are planning a holiday without car in Puglia on July. We imagine that from Lecce there are more public transports but we have been warned that it's really hot compared to the see side. Is it really so? Is it possible to go daily to the beach by public transports?

Stiamo prevedendo una vacanza a luglio senza automobile, percio' Lecce ci sembrava la migliore scelta per i trasporti, ma ci e' stata sconsigliata per il caldo afoso, molto piu che lungo la costa. Potreste confermare o Lecce a fine luglio e' ok? e' possibile andare in spiaggia in giornata con i trasporti pubblici

Thanks a lot and happy summer to everyone!

Grazie mille e buona estate a tutti!

Vero

Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,980 Reviews
from USD 72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
48 Reviews
from USD 365.90*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,082 Reviews
from USD 57.00*
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
353 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Lecce warmer than Otranto? Lecce e' piu caldo di Otranto?

Climate wise they are basically the same, hot in July, 31-32 degrees. I would like to be near the Adriatic on such hot days though, so I would go to Ortranto. Ump in the water if you need to.

Garstang
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Lecce warmer than Otranto? Lecce e' piu caldo di Otranto?

Ciao,

We are here in Lecce and also visited Otranto yesterday. Temperatures were pretty much the same within the town walls. But, on the coast you get the lovely sea breeze so it will feel much cooler.

It was 24 degrees here already early May

Reply to: Is Lecce warmer than Otranto? Lecce e' piu caldo di Otranto?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted