We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.

Hello, hoping you can help me. I am aware of the ferry that runs this course, but it is already booked solid and has no availability. Is there more than one ferry company that runs from Positano to Solerno? We are headed back to Florence on 7/3 and I've checked ferry routes to Castellammare as well, all are booked coming from Positano.

I would truly appreciate any help that you might be able to offer. I am wanting to meet up with the high speed train.

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.

There is no way the Travelmar ferry is sold out, you can buy tickets when you get there. They may have sold everything they are willing to on line but there are plenty held back.

At some point during your stay in Positano go down and buy your tickets in person.

As a fall back option there are buses, both public and private, between Positano and Amalfi, then public buses from Amalfi to Salerno. (Or you could switch to the ferry at Amalfi to Salerno.)

Edited: 10 May 2018, 09:17
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.

Where are you seeing it sold out? Travelmar's web site shows availability for every sailing on that date: https://www.travelmar.it/it/booking

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.

I just found out about travelmar site and booked a ferry. I didn't know about it until just now. Someone told me to use another site. Thank you so much!

Reply to: transportation from Positano area to Salerno. Please help.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted