We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nesso to Malpensa

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Nesso to Malpensa

Hi,

My partner and I are flying back from Malpensa Airport in July, and have to be there about 10:20am. The night before we are staying in Nesso on Lake Como. I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions about the best way of getting to the airport from there, using public transport.

I suppose we could always get a taxi to Como and onward travel, but any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks,

Jacob

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,208 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Nesso to Malpensa

Buses from Bellagio to Como stop at Nesso, or you could take a ferry to Como.

From Como Lago station, on the waterfront, take a train to Saronno and change there to a train to Malpensa.

Are you staying at the Tre Rose? It's a lovely place and Momma cooks up a storm.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Nesso to Malpensa

Thanks for this helpful reply. Do you know how early the bus goes? We'll be leaving on a Saturday...

Do you know where there is a timetable? Also, is the change in Saronno easy, or a massive station?

That place sounds lovely, but we are staying in an air bnb called Midwife's House--looks amazing.

Any recommendations of what to do in the area as well?

Really appreciate this, thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,208 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Nesso to Malpensa

Sorry, I have lost my link for the bus timetable. For the trains, see www.trenord.com

Looking at Google Maps, Saronna station seems to have around half a dozen platforms, so not too big.

We had only 3 nights in Nesso. One day, we drove to Como, explored the southern part of the lake, and took a ferry ride. The other we went up to Bellagio.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,017 posts
4. Re: Nesso to Malpensa

Current bus timetable asfautolinee.it/wr-resource/…

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,065 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: Nesso to Malpensa

NOTE: as you say you are traveling in July, you will be able to use the new, direct train service from Como San Giovanni to Milan's Malpensa airport (via Switzerland), scheduled to start on 10th June.

The schedules have not yet been published, but will be avilable in due course at www.trenord.it/en and www. tilo.ch/en.

#C30 bus from Bellagio and Nesso terminates at Como San Giovanni train station, allowing an easy connection.

Reply to: Nesso to Malpensa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted