We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

valencia nearby beach resort

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
valencia nearby beach resort

i will be flying to valencia in August and would like to stay close to the beach to relax for a week but also be able to get to valencia for site seeing etc. also have friend in Oliva so south of valencia would be good. any ideas? could stay in hotel or apartment with pool?

Germany
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

If you don't mind high rised buildings: Gandia has good beaches ,and bus and train connection to Valencia .

But why not stay in Oliva itself or Denia ?

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

i am not driving so need somewhere not too far away from the airport as the taxi fare would be too much to oliva or denia. don't like high rise buildings either. thanks though for the reply

Germany
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

You don't need a taxi to get to Oliva. There are several regular buses every day from Valencia to Denia, which need between 90 minutes and 2 hours.

The slower ones have a stop in Oliva.

If you want to do site seeing in Valencia and to visit your friends in Oliva , I recommend to stay at one of the nice Valencia beaches and later some days in Denia or Oliva.

If you like to stay in an apartment , check Port Saplaya , only some 5 kms north of Valencia . It is quick and easy to get to Valencia by bus from there .

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

thanks so much for all of your help. i am now checking out the ideas that everyone has suggested and think we will stay near to valencia on the beach so we can go there for sightseeing and then go down to oliva on the bus or we may get collected!

I was toying with the idea earlier to stay in alicante but think valencia would be better as there is more to see in valencia? everyone agree??

Germany
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

I agree : stay near Valencia , there is much more to see , especially if you don't drive a car .

Gandia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

Gandia has some of the best beaches in Spain, is 10 minutes from Oliva, and very easily connected via train to Valencia City.( 50 minutes :- 2 trains per hour)

You will also find that prices are more reasonable, and there is a choice of beaches or rural mountains retreats,....

Plenty of villas with pools, or stay on a golfing estate,....

www.visitlasafor.com

www.gandia.be

7. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2012, 22:35
8. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2012, 22:35
9. Re: valencia nearby beach resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:18