We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majorca or Valencia

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Majorca or Valencia

Hi,

I will be spending 9 days in Barcelona,i am thinking of spending 2 days in Valencia or in Majorca (Playa de Palma),but I can't decide which one to choose.Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majorca or Valencia

We've been visiting Mallorca for years. Going again this year. We were in Valencia a couple of weeks ago. It's a lovely city with sandy beaches. For a longer lazy holiday I would prefer Mallorca but for two days as part of a longer trip I would recommend Valencia.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
608 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majorca or Valencia

Valencia! Aside from the beaches, there is so much more to do & see. It's a beautiful city!

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majorca or Valencia

Nope don't agree that "there's so much more to do and see" in a single city than the whole island of Mallorca. However I do share your opinion that Valencia is the best choice for the OP.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,750 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majorca or Valencia

There is much more to see in Valencia than Mallorca.

For Valencia:

Downtown Valencia is the Plaza del Ayuntamiento. The main shopping area is here, together with many restaurants. If one stays near this place, most of the city center is walkable. Use Booking.com to screen hotels and apartments. In the District box, choose Ciutat Vella, Eixample or Extramurs.

Sights:

1. Oceanographic (the best aquarium in Spain)

2. Bioparc (one of the best zoos in Spain)

3. Cathedral and Basilica of the Virgin of the Helpless

4. City of Arts and Sciences

5. Silk Exchange - La Lonja de la Seda

6. Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas

7. Bellas Artes Museum

Good Restaurants:

1. Restaurante Navarro Valencia (Calle del Arzobispo Mayoral, 5 – Tel: 963-529-623) is one of the best restaurants downtown. However you need a reservation because it is so popular.

2. Casa Roberto (Calle Maestro Gozalbo, 19 - Tel: 963-951-361).

The most important shopping streets are Colon, Don Juan de Austria, Poeta Querol, Jorge Juan, Cirilo Amoros and La Paz. The Malvarossa and Cabanyal districts may not be safe at night.

Reply to: Majorca or Valencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted