We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What tickets for one way from airport plus inside the city

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
What tickets for one way from airport plus inside the city

Hello all,

I know there have been multiple topics about what type of transportation to buy in Valencia but I am still not sure which is best for us.

We are a couple staying 2 nights so we would prefer maybe to have just one card for both of us.

We will use just one way from the airport to the city with the metro (we leave by train) and a few journeys inside the city with tram/ bus (twice to the beach, maybe bioparc, and to the train station when we leave).

So although we only stay 2 full days, we know that besides coming from the airport, we will need a few times to use the public transportation.

Maybe the TuiN or Bono Travel Card + tickets from airport are the options?

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

1 reply
London, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: What tickets for one way from airport plus inside the city

Hi Alina,

I guess the trick is to get the best fare and also to minimise the unused credit left on the card at the end of your stay.

The TuiN will definitely get you the best fare - it'll save you €3.60 on two trips from the airport, and it's slightly cheaper for Zone A which all the other trips you mentioned will be within

And with Bono, you have to buy in blocks of 10. TuiN you can load up / recharge with a minimum of €10 plus increments of €1 (that's what the website says anyway, I always just buy blocks of €10 but I go to Valencia a lot)

So if you knew for sure you'll be taking two trips from the airport and 12 trips for the two of you around town, doing the math it's

(2 * €2) + (12 * €0.72) = €12.64 - so you could put €13 on a TuiN, get the very best fare, and only have a few cents left on the card when you leave.

Doing the same trips with singles from the airport, a bono, and buying two singles when the bono runs out, would cost €18.40

(If you're staying centrally and leaving the from main central station you won't need the metro for that)

So I would recommend the TuiN

Tim

Reply to: What tickets for one way from airport plus inside the city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted