We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

London England
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

Hi. Got 40 minutes to get from estacion autobuses in Valencia on Menendez Pidal thi Sunday at 11am. Need to get taxi from bus station to nearest DIRECT metro. Angel Guimera or Ave del Cid. Think taxi to airport would be much longer than going by metro but open to advice. Don't want to change metro as not familiar & not enough time. Can someone help urgently please please.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
42 posts
1. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

A taxi will take about 12 minutes, I think switching to the metro would cost a lot of time? Do you have actually 40 minutes from arriving at the bus station until boarding starts? That seems tight considering the extremely chaotic and slow security check in VLC.

London England
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

Thank you very very much Sandra. I have just 55 mins maximum before boarding starts so if a taxi only takes 12 minutes, will definitely do that. Is security really very chaotic at Valencia? Even on a Sunday do you think? Would it make any difference if I tried to explain that my flight may go without me? Would they be at all sympathetic? It's the absolute first bus from Javea so can't get to Valencia bus station any faster or earlier.

Valencia
Level Contributor
496 posts
3. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

I agree with the advice given - forget the metro and just get a taxi directly from the bus station to the airport

been through vlc airport many times and find it quite smooth (i presume you're not checking in luggage)

London England
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

Thanks Senior Pirotechnic. No, not checking in luggage. Only have 2 cabin bags as allowed. Real relief to hear security may be easier than anticipated. God willing should make it.

Really do appreciate the responses. Can always rely on Tripadvisor colleagues. Again thanks.

London England
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

Sorry meant Senyor. Apologies

Level Contributor
42 posts
6. Re: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses

If you don't have luggage and do online check-in it can work. You just never know with the security in VLC. Best of luck anyway!

Reply to: Urgent to airport from estacion de autobuses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valencia