We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Car - Beware

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Gold Car - Beware

Hired a car from Gold Car at Valencia Airport through DoYouSpain . I refused the CDW insurance at the airport as i have private CDW insurance. All seemed ok but i was asked to leave a huge deposit on my credit card which was to be refunded upon the safe return of the car. I was refunded a large amount but Gold Car held 280 euro for "damage" to the car door. There was no damage so i demanded a refund, evidence of the fictitious damage and the damage report. DoYouSpain were quite helpful but there is no UK helpline number so i had to keep calling Spain. After almost two months Gold Car have refunded the 280 euro but with no explanation or apology. Gold Car, i assume, were hoping i would either not notice the amount or just let it go due to the amount of aggravation this causes. NEVER use this sham of a company.

4 replies to this topic
Sant Joan...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
1. Re: Gold Car - Beware

Hello trappitt,

We would like to help you with the issues you described. I'll personally contact you through private message in order to initiate a further investigation of the issues you had. Please stay tuned to your personal profile’s mailbox, so we could keep in touch here. You’ll find this options at the top right of this page under your profile’s menu.

Kind regards,

Victoria R.

Goldcar representative.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
2. Re: Gold Car - Beware

Agree - never use this company - my son had a very similar problem

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Gold Car - Beware

If you check multiple forums you will see that the company scam most clients. The normal route is excessive insurance which is not requested. If you query this, you need to remember that they have your credit card details and will certainly bill you for damage to a car which has not been damaged. Normal curse of the staff commission.

If there were no other car hire firms in Spain, I would buy a car first before using these scam merchants. The complaints run into thousands upon thousands. I have no doubt this is part of staff training.

Helsinki, Finland
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Gold Car - Beware

Totally agree, I just got the same scam. They charged me 180 euros with NO notification claiming some scratch on the bumper. I am 100% sure the bumper was fine when I returned the car. This company is a scam!

Reply to: Gold Car - Beware
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valencia