We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip reports

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
207 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
trip reports

are we still allowed to post trip reports? it's just that there doesn't seem to be many posted lately, I love reading a good trip report.

8 replies to this topic
Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip reports

feel free to post one , no reason not to , look forward to reading it

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip reports

put one up...been slow on here

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip reports

Most trip reports are done under the Hotel you have stopped at, but there is no reason why people can't put them on this forum as well.....We have recently come back from the Gala Placidia and we had a great time there, and yes it was noisy at times, but who cares.......Our room was spotlessly clean, the food and drink was good, it was nice and sunny, there was plenty of room around the pool, it was good to be in Benidorm again for the last of our winter holidays, since November we have stayed at the Rio Park twice, The Ambassador and The Gala Placidia, we have great memories of all these places...........we are both in our mid 70s but we are born again teenagers when we are are in Benidorm.......enjoy!......Val and Des

Mentioned in this post
Gala Placidia Hotel
Gala Placidia Hotel
1,318 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Yaxley, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip reports

I guess most people have the holiday blues when they get back and then have a hundred things to do and end up forgetting to post a report.

As much as I try and post reports after visiting somewhere, I'm also subect to the above and end up forgetting.

Also I guess, many repeat visitors will likely have had a similar trip to other ones in the past and hence may think there's no point in posting a report that's the same or similar to previous ones

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip reports

Just for you, gundasta. We have been coming to to Benidorm for 30 years or more, and the last two times had a great time staying at the Calypso. But we decided to have year off in 2018, as we already had Summer holidays booked. However, when we spotted a bargain week for £350 full board at he Ambassador Playa 2, we couldn't say no!

We knew that the hotel was famous for it's sunbed wars, but to be honest we didn't have a problem the first week in May, and easily got our spot in the sun. Our room was fine, if small. The food was maybe not as good as the Calypso, a bit bland and sometimes salty, but we always found something to eat, even if it was only salads. Our main reason for choosing the Ambassador was the location, right at the start of the Strip, but with Uncle Ped's next door.

We got into a routine of sun till 1.30, lunch, then Uncle Ped's for cheap booze in the sun. Then siesta, Dinner, and back out on the pop till the early hours. We visited lots of old favourite drinking holes, saw plenty of live music and tribute bands (Dirty Deeds, and Jack my favourites, Take that the OH's), and heard loads of cheesy music. Nice to have a chilled few hours on the Prom, then hit Babylon later. We often ended up in the Western Bar's outside bar, which was great spot for people watching, with the added bonus that we could use the Ambassador's loos!

So we had another great holiday, and loved every minute. We have said no to returning in 2019. But if a bargain pops up....

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip reports

I put a full report on my recent solo trip to Beni and a separate one for hotel.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip reports

Trip reports are different from hotel reviews and are part of what these forums are about. By all means post your general holiday experience. TA reviews are about specific things not the whole holiday experience.

Jules

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
207 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip reports

excellent!

Reply to: trip reports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm