We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago to Porto

Which Santiago de Compostela hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Santiago to Porto

Hi all,

I'll be travelling from Santiago de Compostela - Porto on Sunday September 29.

I am aware of the "How to get between Portugal and Galicia..." link, and I have some questions :

AUTNA

There are only two buses per day, the first is "too early" (07:30) and the second doesn't arrive into Porto until after 21:00, so the day is lost..

ALSA

There is only one bus per day, and the time is perfect (12:00 departure), but the price is €31 per person which is very expensive in my opinion for a 4 hour bus journey.

TRAIN

There are several trains which can get me to Vigo, but not on time for the early train from Vigo-Porto. And the later train doesn't arrive into Porto until after 21:00, so again the day is lost.

This timetable shows just 2 trains per day from Vigo - Valenca :

cp.pt/StaticFiles/…porto_valenca.pdf

My Question :

Can I take a bus or train from Santiago de Compostela - Valenca, and then take a train to Porto during the afternoon ?

Your advice would be much appreciated !

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,854 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago to Porto

****My Question :

Can I take a bus or train from Santiago de Compostela - Valenca, and then take a train to Porto during the afternoon ?******

Yes if you pay for 2 lots of tickets.

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiago to Porto

Thanks for the quick response.

Do you know where I can find a timetable for a bus/train from Santiago de C - Valenca ?

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,854 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiago to Porto

RENFE will not show the train times for the whole length. It will be SdC to Vigo and then Vigo to Oporto

The same with the AUTNA bus Vigo to Oprto.

The ASLA website maybe down at the momnet.

4. Re: Santiago to Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 14:17