We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona in September best location for us ?

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona in September best location for us ?

Hi I am interested in views about which location to stay in, My husband and I will be travelling with our daughter and her boyfriend and our son all in their 20's. We are looking for an apartment/villa /house with a pool and easy access to visit beaches and Barcelona centre. we want to do sightseeing and relaxing - not into clubs or night life.

I am interested in whether it would be good for us to try and get somewhere in the city or outside of the city - north or south ? I have had a brief look and prices in the city look higher than outside of the city.

What is public transport like ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona in September best location for us ?

Hola youdontknowme!

I don't know you but your detailed description of what you want certainly helped me formulate a clear idea to suggest to you. It's true that prices of apt in the central core are higher than further out; that's a real estate principle that is in effect everywhere. The area of Villa Olímpica has more modern apts with shared pools and is relatively easy to access by metro from sightseeing spots. A Toronto friend traveling with her husband 2 adult children stayed around here last summer.

Here's a link to a Friendly Rentals apt to show you what I mean. I don't work for them but I like to use their website becuz they have a lot of listings and you can read the positive reviews of each apt clearly. Input your actual dates and other info and do a search for yourself.

friendlyrentals.com/en/…apartment-3458-1.htm

2. Re: Barcelona in September best location for us ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2013, 20:20