We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

Can anyone advise taking a taxi to this hotel from the airport? I understand it is 9 miles outside Barcelona. It is in Barbera del Valles. I understand it is located near the Baricentro entertainment and shopping mall. Also, does it have easy access to a metro station?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

This hotel is outside the Barcelona's metro network (too far away).

From the airport, taxi will be much easier, but not cheap. By public transport you have 2 options:

- you can take the Aerobus to Plaça de Catalunya and there a FGC train to 'Universitat Autónoma', then an a taxi or some other transport (bus?) to the hotel.

- take the RENFE train from the airport to Sants and there change to a regional train (Rodalies/Cercanias) to Barberà del Valles. This again its not that close to the hotel so you need some other transport from the station to the hotel.

Maybe someone who's more familiar with the hotel's area can help with other options, but I'm afraid the location of this hotel is not convenient at all if you don't have a car.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

Thanks so much for the information. I had read (on Trip Advisor) posts of people who had stayed at this hotel and they all had cars. I do not need a car once I'm there but need transport from airport. I have been trying to find out just how expensive the taxi might be. Do you think 30 euro or maybe 50 euro? I will have luggage so not too thrilled about dragging suitcase on and off trains.

Supposedly the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the closest metro but I wonder if it's further than we are being told.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

You're welcome. I'd say a taxi will more like 50€ than 30... (30 will be to Barcelona centre, and this is nearly double distance)

The hotels tend to be quite unrealistic about walking distances. Both train stations I named above are at least a 20min walk at a normal pace. There is no metro in this area.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

Thanks once again. You have been extremely helpful.

5. Re: Airport to Hotel Barbera Parc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:42