We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 13:10
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,098 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Hola Cct!

I'm a big fan of Kaiku but have never tried Can Majo. Kaiku does offer a few rice dishes using smoked rice (arros del xef is very delicious) but there are also some with non-smoked rice. Here's a link to a menu that is a bit old.

…salir.com/kaiku-san_juan_de_borbo_74/…10760

Kaiku is not a fancy place, nor is it overly expensive. Paella must be ordered for a minimum of 2 people, which is pretty standard.

DE Doffcocker has suggested Can Ros nearby for cheap and cheerful.

Along the street that leads up to Kaiku on Passeig de Joan de Borbo, there must be a dozen plus restaurants.

Have you looked at the Top Q on paella?

Btw, even if you journeyed to the home of paella, Valencia, you would probably find different types of authentic paella. Don't worry too much about this. Just enjoy.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Yesterday I ate a paella on the sunny terrace of Can Majo. Delicious ... one of the best I have eaten in Barcelona. Service very friendly.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,098 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Hola Suzy!

The OP asked for an indication of prices too. Here's a link to Can Majo's menu with prices. Could you have a quick look and confirm? Many thanks.

www.bcnrestaurantes.com/barcelona-carta.asp…

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Price of the Paella 14 €

The inside of the restaurant is also very cosy and very clean.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

Regarding Can Majo: I was just looking at a local site that says this place should be avoided at all costs. I had some delicious paella close to both these places at Su Qu Et De L'Almirall - 28 euro per person.

barcelona.com/barcelona_directory/…can_majo

6. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 13:10
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,098 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

cct,

Those kinds of comments have been circulating for quite some time. Have a look at La Mar Salada and Can Ros too. They are owned by the same people.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

I went again on Feb 14th to eat a Arroz Cazuela al estilo Pescador 14,85 €

It was delicious and tasty, As starter small very fresh scallops. Desert una crema catalana ( also delicious). Very friendly service. It seems they are specialized in special sea food. They had Percebes, which I would like to try next time.

Every one can have a different opinion on a restaurant but I can say we had a great dinner . Nobody is perfect, it can happen the cook was not on a good day when some people did not have a good experience .

Suzy

Cocoon barcelona

Edited: 16 February 2012, 23:53
9. Re: Can Majo or Kaiku for authentic paella?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 05:40