We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

I am considering renting a 1 bedroom apartment in the Jardinets apartments in the Gracia Neighborhood for a week in May. Any comments would be appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,180 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Hola Larry!

You could either search this forum by inputting key words in the Search in Barcelona Forums box OR give a link to the apt listing here.

Detroit USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

I searched the Barcelona forum using the name of the apartment building and the neighborhood. I found a few postings that were old. There were no reviews. The website looked very nice. I don't know the city so I don't know if the Gracia neighborhood would be a good walkable location for restaurants, a grocery store, sites, etc. Here's the link:

bcnapartmentrentals.com/en/…198.html

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,180 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

I had a look at the website you linked. I'm not familiar with the agency so I read the About Us page. The description of the owner, Maria, sounds very familiar! I think she used to operate another rental agency... I'll do a search tomorrow and give you links to those old threads.

In the meantime, pls read the Top Q - How do I find a rental apartment? It contains tips on apt hunting and a short list of often-mentioned rental agencies. Imho, I prefer to rent apts that have lots of positive reviews. If there are no reviews, I'll only rent if I get a personal recommendation from a friend.

Detroit USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Thank you Gigis_mum. I also looked up the Gracia neighborhood on TripAdvisor. What your opinion about Gracia? Would it be a good area in which to stay?

New England
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

The Tripadvisor Barcelona forums are full of horror stories. I was tempted to use an agency or two for which there was little info to be found, but took the advice of the local experts and went with one of those recommended. Recently I saw a thread about one agency I almost used and am so glad I didn't. Don't let yourself have the vacation from hell because of unetical business practices that are rampant in the field.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,180 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Here's the old thread about 'Maria' and her other real estate involvements. Pls read through the whole thread and make sure you understand what happened.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k40304…

Here is a Google streetview picture of the area on the apt listing map. You can 'take a walk' in the neighbourhood, using the arrows. The nearest metro station is Fontana and it's about 5 minutes away by foot. It looks nice.

http://g.co/maps/mt38q

Edited: 26 January 2012, 01:32
Detroit USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

I read the entire thread prior to my attempting to book the Catalunya penthouse. There wasn't a vacancy on one of the dates we needed. It seemed to me the problem mentioned early in the thread was resolved and people were satisfied. I feel comfortable with BCNapartmentrentals.com. The google map of the Gracia neighborhood looks inviting. One more question. The website for booking the apartment asks for my passport number. Is that common or usual? I rented a place using Trip Advisor in Florence Italy 2 years ago and don't remember them asking about my passport number.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,180 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Asking for passport info is common, even at hotels. See this linked thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k44743…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

I can only speak about location: it is in my favorite area in town! :))

Detroit USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Information about Jardinets apartments, Gracia Neighborhood

Thanks again. We have reserved the Rambla Catalunya Penthouse after all that. We have to check out 1 day earlier than we would have liked, but if the date opens up I'm sure we'll be able to stay. We are leaving Barcelona on a cruise. We had already reserved that last night of our stay in Barcelona at the cruise line's hotel. I was going to cancel had we been able to stay the week in the apartment. After seeing the apartment on-line, my wife really wanted to stay there, so we booked. Angel has been the rental agent I've been corresponding with. He has been very helpful and kind. Thank you all for your help. I'll let you know how everything worked out.