We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fares

What is the cost of a taxi from the cruise port to the Gaudi Hotel?

What is the cost of a taxi from the Gaudi Hotel to the airport?

What is the cost from port to Hotel and from Hotel to airport?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,235 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares

Hola Caseydodo!

I have bad eyesight and I think you are playing a trick on me, lol!

What's the difference between Questions #1 and #3a?

What's the difference between Questions #2 and #3b?

You can use the link to worldtaximeter.com in the Top Question on Taxi Fares to price your rides.

Fairview, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares

I found taxi fares quite reasonable while in Barca (until the 2 plus euro per bag was added on! Our hotel had a free airport shuttle, so that was nice. If you're not travelling with too much baggage it won't be too bad. Hang onto your hand baggage yourself! We were charged the 2.10 euro fee for our very light, almost empty shoulder bag!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares

danimary, I'm afraid you were ripped off :(

Official fee is ONLY 1€ per bag, and ONLY in case its bigger than cabin size (55x35X35 cm).

All taxis have a sticker in the rear passenger window with the current official fares, you can see it here:

taxibarcelona.cat/Portals/…202011.pdf

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fares

Thanks I checked out the website. What does the waiting time mean?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fares

Another question - do you know how many km from cruise port to Gaudi and Gaudi to international airport?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,235 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fares

Waiting time could mean the time the car is waiting at a red light or waiting for traffic to move. Time in traffic.

The route you described in post #5 is less than 20 km.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fares

Thanks for the information. Is there any other way to get around besides taxis? Since there are 6 of us with luggage I thought there might be some other mode of transportation that would be less costly than 3 taxis.

Fairview, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fares

@Belsaita: I was expecting only 1 euro but the guy punched the 3 bags into his onboard computer and our 8 euro fare was suddenly 14! and casey, there are plenty of bigger cabs (not just the car type,) you can use the ships concierge to book a bigger cab for you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fares

Thank you so much. That's exactly what we'll do.

10. Re: Taxi fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:15