We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ncl Epic

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ncl Epic

Hello, I am travelling on the NCL Epic in august this year with my partners family.. there's 19 of us in total so plenty of planning is needed. I was just wondering if anyone has yet travelled and knows any tips for onboard?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ncl Epic

Going on the epic on 29th may, but try cruisecritic.co.uk for tons of tips on the boat, the ports, departure cities and if you join the forums you can join a roll call for the cruise you are sailing on with your fellow passengers to share info, etc. Have a great holiday!

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ncl Epic

Was on epic october 2011 very very expence for drinks rip off

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ncl Epic

Was on epic october 2011 very very expence for drinks rip off

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ncl Epic

traveling on the epic this august 2012 for a week around the western med,its our first time cruising ,i was reading some of the reviews and was wondering did i make a mistake booking this ship ,we are not looking to be treated like royalty or to be waited on just something differnt,its just two of us and were in our 40s if anyone could enlighting us it would be great,.........how much money would you need including some excursions ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ncl Epic

I strongly advise you to do excursions on your on and not through the boat. We made that mistake one day and wasted our time and money! The group that I meet with alll agrees with me. We would go again but we definately would go on our own next time, we found our favorite ports were when we did so. You will have a great time! Enjoy!!

Portsmouth, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ncl Epic

You may know by now but if not check out the NCL site link below this gives some indicationof excursions and prices. If you are going as a large group I would certainly spend some time trying to organise your own excursions as it will work out very expensive with the cruise. Cruise critic is a good source of info.

www.ncl.co.uk/destinations/europe/excursions/

We will be sailing out on the the 24th June form Barcelona, let the planning begin.

panama city
Level Contributor
345 posts
564 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ncl Epic

I have been on the Epic and it is my favorite ship. June 10th will be my second time but this time in Europe. I have just finished all of my planning. I have set up private tours and have just purchased tickets for David in Florence, Tickets to the Sistine Chapel, tickets to the Sarga Femilia in Barcelona and tickets to climb the Leaning Tour of Pisa. I booked a tour with NCL for Marseille because we are only there until 4:00. Rome and Barcelona are the only cities I am doing on my own. You will need to do ship tours or private tours in the other cities so you can see more. I could have done Cannes on my own but I want to see Nice and Monte Carlo on the same day.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ncl Epic

Hi

I am also going on the Epic on 10th June! I havent been on the Epic before but travelled on the NCL Jade last summer.

I have been to Rome before but have not done the Sistine Chapel. I know that tickets can be prebooked for the chapel but do they not have an allocated time? What happens if you arrive late?

How will you reach the chapel from the cruise terminal?

panama city
Level Contributor
345 posts
564 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ncl Epic

There is a bus at the cruise terminal that takes you to the train station. I buy a Burg ticket. It can be used all day for trains, metro and busses in Rome. We get off the train at the Vatican stop, we do not take the train all the way into the city.Tickets have to be picked up in the back of the church at a ticket office. I can catch a cab if I need one at the rome train station. I will try to get off the ship early and I bought tickets for 10:00 to the Sistine Chapel. I think it gave me from 10-10:30.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ncl Epic

Oh. Lets hope that the ship does arrive on time at the port then, at 8am I believe, and that you can get off right away. Which is the Vatican train stop?

When we were there in 2005 we were badly ripped off by the taxi driver we picked up at Termini station that took us to our hotel, so Im very weary of using taxi drivers in Rome again.