We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

Can anybody recommend a way to get to Seville from Barcelona today or tomorrow? My flight has just been cancelled. I will try almost anything. I dont have much luggage.

Many thanks!

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

The quickest way will be the AVE trainBarcelona to Madrid 2h40m and Madrid to Seville 2h30m.

raileurope.com/train-faq/…

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

http://www.eurail.com/eurail-high-speed-ave

You may be able to go via Zaragoza or Cordoba from Barcelona. Check when you contact the company which will be the fastest and easiest.

The AVE goes from Sants station in Barcelona.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

AVE route from Barcelona to Seville will always be via Zaragoza and Cordoba because that is where the track runs: .Barcelona-Zaragoza-Madrid- Cordoba-Seville. You can't avoid Madrid to get to Seville by AVE and I'm pretty sure you will have to change trains in Madrid

Luckily as it's a Sunday (no businesspeople going to Madrid) you should get a seat.

Edited: 18 April 2010, 18:07
Canberra
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

Thank you. I have a ticket from Barcelona to Madrid now. (For some reason renfa will not accept the same credit card to Seville. I will try to buy it at the station)

Next question - how do I get from the airport to Barcelona station? Many thanks.

El Mundo
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

Every 30 minutes By Train to Sants Station -- Good luck!

Línea Mataró

Estación de Cercanías Renfe conectada con el edificio terminal de pasajeros a través de cintas transportadoras.

Times: salidas estación de Sants, desde 5:43 hasta 22:16; salidas aeropuerto, desde 6:13 hasta 23:40.

Frequency: 30 minutos.

Duración del trayecto: 17 minutos a Sants, 23 a Plaza Catalunya, 26 al Arc de Triomf y 30 a Clot-Aragó.

Prices: 2,20 €; la estación Aeroport está dentro del sistema tarifario integrado (zona 1) de la región Metropolitana de Barcelona.

Information telephone: 902 240 202.

To view a detailed schedule for the RENFE train routes, you can visit renfe.es/cercanias/…index_horarios.html

6. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 22:05
7. Re: Barcelona airport closed. Trying to get to Seville!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 16:20