We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaudi early morning access questions

Seattle
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Gaudi early morning access questions

Hello everyone,

We'll be traveling to Barcelona next summer, and I'm an avid photographer. I'm therefore interested in visiting the main Gaudi buildings during the best light and with the fewest people. We'll be staying three full days in Barcelona itself. The following are my questions/thoughts per attraction.

Parc Guell - already have early access tickets

La Sagrada Familia - question #1: I see early access tickets advertised, but it sounds like it's not actually early access - the guide often shows up late. Is it best to just buy the tickets directly from Sagrada's own site for the earliest time, then be there right at the opening, or is there actually an early access ticket?

question #2 - do early access tickets matter as much, since most of the photographs will be of the ceiling? I plan to get the exterior shots around 6 AM near sunrise.

La Pedrera - I see that there's a sunrise tour, though not sure if I can get tickets (Viator is sold out, but La Pedrera's own site doesn't list them for sale yet). Question: is it just as interesting for sunset? That seems to be a bit easier to manage, though I expect there to be more people in the way.

Casa Battlo - This also has early access tickets that aren't available yet. Question: I have just one morning left. Which would be best to get with fewer people - Casa Battlo or La Pedrera (my assumption is Casa Battlo since it looks smaller)

Muchas gracias por ayudarme.

4 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Gaudi early morning access questions

>>Is it best to just buy the tickets directly from Sagrada's own site <<

Yes

>>do early access tickets matter as much,<<

No

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,965 posts
3,813 reviews
2. Re: Gaudi early morning access questions

The rooftop of La Pedrera has very interesting chimneys that you can photograph. The views there are excellent.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Gaudi early morning access questions

The problem with sunset in Barcelona is geography. There's a big hill in the way that means that the sun disappears behind physical objects well before sunset for most of the year and from many vantage points. I wouldn't bother putting too much thought into sunsets.

The advice on here is ALWAYS too buy tickets from the official sites.

Regarding whether Casa Batllo or La Pedrera would be best to "get" early in the morning, my impression is that La Pedrera usually has fewer visitors than Casa Batllo. You might also want to consider Casa Vicens which has fewer than either.

Seattle
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Gaudi early morning access questions

Thanks pandachris. I wasn't aware of Casa Vicens. Definitely looks worth visiting.

It sounds like its best to visit Casa Battlo in the morning.

Reply to: Gaudi early morning access questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted