We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

My partner and I have found a holiday we both like the look of through Cheekytrips. The price is great and my partner has friends who have used ct before with no issues. It's the price that's putting me off. It seems too good to be true considering its AI. The price doesn't include baggage or shuttle service, but I was wondering if anyone else had used CT or GH and could confirm they are legit. Thanks.

Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
3,165 Reviews
from USD 44.70*
Best Seller
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
718 Reviews
from USD 111.69*
Best Seller
City Sightseeing Barcelona Hop-On...
2,544 Reviews
from USD 35.30*
8 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

never heard about them.

some info about this transfer?

Barcelona
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
2. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

Never heard of them. A quick search shows very little including a few supper bad reviews and a few posts on TripAdvisor forum warning about them but the quantity is not enough to make a definite conclusion.

It's important to remember that they are not a travel agency but a price comparison website so it is important to check who is actually behind this offer and what are the details (which hotel, airline etc).

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,576 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

<<< It seems too good to be true considering its AI>>>

Is the deal for a Barcelona hotel? Barcelona is a major city not a seaside resort so AI hotels will be rare if there are any at all. Plus Barcelona hotels do not tend to be cheap. So cheap and AI in Barcelona doesn't sound likely to me.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

I did a check on Global Hoppers and it seems the closest to "Poor man's Paris" they offer all-inclusive holidays is on the Costa Brava.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,068 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

Ah. The poor man's Cote d'Azur, presumably.

Doing a quick dummy booking for next week comes up with 4 results showing as "all inclusive", as follows:

Hotel Top Olympic

Top Summer Sun

Hotel Cartago Nova

Hotel Top Amaika

Not one of these is in Barcelona. The localtions are in Calella, Santa Susanna and Malgrat. This, combined with the appalign reviews that some of the companies that Cheeky Trip deal with and the fact that it's AI (why on earth would you come to the biggest city in one of the best places in the world for cuisine to eat sub-standard mass-produced food or to drink cheap local booze close to some of the very best vineyards in Iberia?) is enough to put me off.

Andy - if you want to visit Barcelona, DIY. It's really easy and can be inexpensive too plus you can eat decent food at excellent prices and discover some great local wines and cavas. And if you time your visit well you could experience one of the city's amazing festivals as well.

If you are looking for one of the resorts on the coast north east of Barcelona, unless you flight arrives very late at night, don't fret about transfers. You can get the train as far as Blanes for very little outlay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

The troll is back! ;)

Llantwit Fardre...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

Are you as alleged a troll or merely thick and\or a cheapskate?

Llantwit Fardre...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers

Are you as alleged a troll or merely thick and\or a cheapskate

Reply to: Booking through cheekytrip // Global Hoppers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted