We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

hi -- i will be there on Xmas with my three children age 23, 21 and 17 (boy-girl-boy) . We are taking day trips a few of the days to Montserrat and Girona and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for local things to do in Barcelona on Xmas that might be open or meaningful for that day (we are not super religous but my daughter and I always appreciate the beauty of a church...not so sure about my sons).

Also, any suggestions in general that my boys (17 and 23) might be interested to do in the city. They are huge football fans and doing the stadium tour one day and i'm sure will be watching the game somewhere on 23rd but if you have travelled there with boys in late teens/early 20s and have suggestions other than museums, architecture, etc. (which my daughter and I love), would love to hear them.

thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

On the 23rd check out Fira de Santa Llucia in front of the Cathedral, an open-air market with all what a Catalan family may need over Christmas, a much more eschatological experience that one would suspect -it's totally hygienic.

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
2. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

thank you! I think my boys are touring the FC Barcelona stadium that day but that's only a few hours so we will definitely check it out.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
765 posts
193 reviews
3. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

We will be there too that entire week and I have Sagrada Família (10:45 am) & Park Guell (3:00 pm) booked on Xmas day, Between those two times I think I have enough time for lunch and also to visit/walk by Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.

Plan is to end the day watching sunset from Bunkers del Carmel. Also, booked our dinner at a restaurant close to where we are staying.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
236 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

My 17 year old son’s favorite things since we moved here have been the Roman ruins in the Museum of the History of the City, the medieval ruins at the Born Cultural Center, walking on Carretera de les Aigües, and going up to Mount Tibidabo.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
236 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

Adding to my above post...My son also loves exploring Montjuic, with its many gardens and the castle on top. Another of his favorites is walking north on the Passeig Maritim up to the parc del forum.

Also, just to clarify that both the Museum of the History of Barcelona and the Born Cultural Center are actually archeological sights, not really museums.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

Santa Llucia market is winding down by 23rd as most people will have bought their Christmas decorations by then. The market that people will be heading to more is the one on Gran Via, between Muntaner and Rocafort (more or less). That has a variety of things for sale, toys at the end nearer the university, handcrafted items at the Rocafort end. You also have various points where you can but chocolate + churros, the typical street food

My son is an architecture and history lover too, so he's easy to travel with! When he comes home to visit he likes wandering round Port Vell area (the inner harbour)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
63 posts
7. Re: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas

Hi Cmarty47,

There are lots of museums, galleries, cathedrals in Barcelona. There are many building by Gaudi. Also there are beaches.

Reply to: Things to do Barcelona for young adults (17,21, 23) / Xmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted