We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tv on the flight?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tv on the flight?

Hi all,

Flying with Thomson for the first time this year.As we will have two kids with us,was wondering do they have tvs on their planes,and if so do they show a movie?

Thanks.

Sparky.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tv on the flight?

We flew with them in January, no TV on flights all the put on they screens was a map to show what you were flying over. Makes it a long flight without TV.

gill.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 00:50
Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tv on the flight?

Thomson stopped doing in-flight entertainment on short-haul flights in November. They have also stopped serving hot meals on short-haul. All part of cost cutting to try ad compete with the low cost airlines. You'd be wise to take your own entertainment with you, so the kids dont't get too bored. A dvd player and headphones would do. Also you might want to take sandwiches and snacks on with you, but remember to only buy drinks once you have passed through security else they will be confiscated, food though should be fine. I only say this because there will be only so many hot snacks on the plane, ad do you really want to pay silly money for a warmed up pizza slice that has melted into the plastic wrapper? 10-15 years ago this airline was Britannia Airways, the best charter airline in the UK, they are a joke now.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tv on the flight?

It's only 4 hours! No IFE on Thomson, other than longhaul. Just doing what lot's of other airlines have done. Royalites are too high for the number of passengers that watch it. Monarch are the only one's still with IFE, but that isn't on short haul, only mid and long.

You can hire PSP's on Thomsons which come loaded with a selection of films and games. They are £7.50.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tv on the flight?

There's always books, (remember them?), a good book can really make the time fly (pun alert!) or a pack of cards can provide hours of fun, but maybe not playing poker, your kids might win all your spending money Sparky!!! ;-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tv on the flight?

Ok maybe I told a little white lie,I asked about tvs for myself!My kids actually love books,and read all the time,one of the few things they got from me(and their obvious good looks).

Flight is 7 a.m,so we'll all prob sleep on way over anyway.

Sparky.

6. Re: Tv on the flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:42