We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun lounger races

1 post
2 reviews
Sun lounger races

Hi, please can anyone advise of a family hotel in Lanzarote that doesnt involve the early morning rush for a lounger! We havent picked a specific area we want to visit as of yey but a race free holiday would be amazing!! I know its a silly question but it really does drive me mad.

15 replies to this topic
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: Sun lounger races

From what I have seen and read about the "races" it would appear to be at the lower end of the market so you may need to move upwards and pay more

However, you will always have the idiot who gets up at silly o'clock to reserve the same spot next to the pool

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
2. Re: Sun lounger races

....or rent a private villa!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Sun lounger races

We always book a private apartment through Holiday Lettings which has a balcony with its own sunbeds.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Sun lounger races

The OP refers to a family hotel

Great idea to get a villa but what do you do for free on site entertainment and kids club, evening kiddies disco, large swimming pool and new friends for your children.?

Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Sun lounger races

Here's what ya do. If you see a lounger and nobody on it after you being there for maybe 30 mins then take the towel off and put it on the floor. That's what I ways do. And when anyone says anything to me I tell them there was no towel there and as it was vacant you are using it. I've no time for anyone who does that. And don't worry about people looking at you and giving you dirty looks, as all that's wrong with them is they have no life. Enjoy your holiday as you'll never see these people again.

Edited: 23 July 2018, 13:55
High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
41 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Sun lounger races

The Lanzarote Gardens in Costa Teguise might be just what you’re looking for. The life guard goes round the pool at 9am and takes the unoccupied towels off the sun loungers, puts them in bags and frees the beds back up. Works really well - we never have a problem getting sunbeds even if we go out for the morning and need them in the afternoon.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Sun lounger races

From experience this seems to happen at most places no matter what star rating

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
87 reviews
8. Re: Sun lounger races

"From experience this seems to happen at most places no matter what star rating"

Not for me. I always check reviews out first, and steer well clear of any hotel with reviews mentioning a fight for sunbeds.

I find that it helps to look at pics of the size of the pool on google maps satellite imaging, and pics on TA or on holiday websites to see if the pool area (and number of loungers) looks appropriately sized for the number of hotel rooms.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
79 reviews
9. Re: Sun lounger races

Jonathan.

Do you get indigestion after gulping down your lunch as I take it you do not mind someone removing your towel if you are away from your sunbed for more than 30 minutes.

VegasShowgirl. I am like you, research and more research so you do not get any nasty surprises

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Sun lounger races

If you are leaving your sunbed for more than the five/ten minutes it would take to get drinks or something from your room then you should vacate the sunbed. Then, after you´ve had your lunch you come back and look for an available sunbed. If everyone did this there would not be a problem in the first place.

Reply to: Sun lounger races
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted