We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absurd price increases

Manchester...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Absurd price increases

We have just returned from a all inclusive holiday at the Rubicon Palace in Playa Blanca Lanzarote, we paid £1100 each with jet2, I have now searched for the same holiday next Feb 2018 & it has gone up to £1500 each and by the way we came here in Feb this year and paid £ 815 each all inclusive. Now I know holiday makers are avoiding Turkey & Egypt but looking at these price increases will people avoid the canaries, I understand price increases & inflation but for a holiday to nearly double in price is ridiculous any thoughts.

26 replies to this topic
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Absurd price increases

Can’t comment on price increase for all inclusive as don’t do them...but worth you checking prices for flights with accomodation in a villa/bungalow perhaps?

You can eat out fairly cheaply

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Absurd price increases

With flights for about 100-130 quid for 2, a villa for 5 or 6 hundred euros and menus of 10 euros each plus a bit in Mercadona, why on earth do people pay these ripoff sums?

I bet they told you it was a bargain too?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
3. Re: Absurd price increases

When did you book your recent holiday?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Absurd price increases

Has the Rubicon Palace not had a refurbishment since your visit in February. Also all the previous reviews have been wiped out as they consider they are a better hotel. Only you can tell us if your experience of this last holiday is the same as in February.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Absurd price increases

Have they not just upped there prices ready for a sale after Xmas

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Absurd price increases

It's simply supply and demand, but you don't have to choose it if you feel it's too expensive.

There are other AI hotels in Playa Blanca that might offer you better value or you could try booking flights and a villa yourself and going self catering.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Absurd price increases

I've just had a quick look at some February dates and I've not seen any at those prices, unless you're perhaps upgrading your room? The most I saw was about £1k each. Unless you booked last February two months prior then it's pointless comparing prices. Also, as has been said, its been refurbished since last February.

johnincornwall, I wish I could get 2 flights with 22kg luggage each for £100 for 2!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Absurd price increases

How much of this was due to the drop in value of the Pound?

Haría, Canarias...
Level Contributor
97 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: Absurd price increases

I've just booked a client a Jet 2 package in February 2018 at The Rubicon Palace at under £1000 per person. Sounds like you are either searching for a date where the hotel is down to it's last room, or a flight down to the last few seats. Change the search dates and / or departure airport. Neither the hotel nor Jet2 have increased prices significantly versus last year.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
466 reviews
10. Re: Absurd price increases

Prices change all the time due to demand. They might have been cheaper last week and they may be cheaper again next week, who knows? But the fact that the island is virtually full all year round these days is probably a good indicator why prices are rising.

Reply to: Absurd price increases
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted