We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
921 posts
123 reviews
Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Any advice on which beaches would be easier for travellers who come without a car rental? Either by bus or taxi.

9 replies to this topic
Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Need to know where you will be based to give you the right advice. Most bus journeys will probably start and culminate in either Ciutadella or Mahon. Transport between beaches is on foot or by taxi but you will have plenty of choices.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
921 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Most likely I will base in Ciutadella.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

By bus from Ciutadella your best bet is the summer route to La Vall ( Algaiarens) which takes you to the beach car park - it's still requires a good 10 minute walk to the main beach or 25 mins to the smaller next door beach of Es Bot - both are stunning North coast virgin beaches. You can also now catch a bus to Macarella (a south coast beach that's immensely popular) but you have to book your tickets online beforehand. Apart from that I'd guess a taxi will take you to a lot of them (not that I've ever tried). There's also a link (if you're not on a tablet) to bus services top=right of this page that shows routes - sorry I can't help more, I know a lot about the beaches in that area but only use a hire car so know very little about other means of getting around.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
110 reviews
4. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

I think ticketing machines are about to be installed for Macarella and you can of course buy tickets on the bus subject to availability and change your return time if you wish. Of course this is untested in the height of the season but so far it has been much quieter there but far busier at Galdana which I would avoid high season. From Ciutadella you may like the trip to Cala Blanca, only a small beach and not as pretty as La Vall but nonethelessworth a trip.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

From Ciutadella there is also a bus to Son Saura which is a stunning south coast virgin beach. You could also take a very short bus ride to the resorts of Caleta and Santandria both of which have nice beaches.

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

There is (I think) a direct bus service from Ciutadella to Cala Galfana, and definitely one to Santo Tomas.

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Sorry. Galdana not Galfana!

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Is that the effects of the heatwave Malagarba or interference by the dreaded auto-correct :-)

Edited: 16 July 2018, 22:07
Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Best beaches for visitors without car rental

Just age-related dopeyness!

Reply to: Best beaches for visitors without car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Menorca
Recent Conversations