We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycle races 1st - 4th October

Oswestry...
Level Contributor
165 posts
92 reviews
Cycle races 1st - 4th October

We're due to arrive at Palma Airport on Wed 3rd October and have just discovered via the Vuelta Mallorca website that different parts of the island are affected by cycle races from 1st to 4th. We shall be staying on the outskirts of Pollensa, close to the La Font roundabout. Can anyone please confirm that the Wednesday races are confined to the Puerto Pollensa bypass area and so won't affect our morning car journey to our villa? We can see that we shall probably have a ringside seat for the Thursday races.

2 replies to this topic
Selva, Spain
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Cycle races 1st - 4th October

Youll be fine as it just goes up & down the bypass road. Thursday will be more of an issue but in any case they use a rolling road closure so apart from the bypass on Wednesday it will be over in 15 minutes, and the main Pollenca /Puerto road is typically just reduced to a slower lane each way, not stopped. Gonna make the Thursday school run interesting for a lot of my kids classmates though

Oswestry...
Level Contributor
165 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Cycle races 1st - 4th October

Thanks, Ozymandius, that's what I thought but I was hoping someone on the spot could confirm it for me.

Reply to: Cycle races 1st - 4th October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca