We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Majorca

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
Best area to stay in Majorca

We are two female friends, will be in Majorca in July for a week, where should we stay - we are interested in beautiful beaches not too crowded, scenic views, pictoresque villages and some good restaurants/shops/cafes for the evenings. We will rent a car.

Also, any tips for accommodations in casa rural/fincas/hotels or B&B (not luxurious but with some charme) are greatly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

Dany

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

Puerto Pollensa on the North Coast... If you're going to hire a car, you'll have plenty time to explore other areas of the island and the inland villages such as Campanet, Pollensa town, Alcudia town, Orient, Valldemossa, Deià, Soller, etc.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

Dani, i'm going to recommend the Soller area on the west coast, lovely scenery and small villages and mountains, also you are fairly close to the capital Palma which I think you will love too.

I have listed a small finca type hotel which you may well like in Soller, your only problem is actually getting in because it is the height of the season. Best of luck.

http://www.avenida-hotel.com/en/cms.php

Edited: 21 June 2010, 04:15
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

Dany

I would second Markpool's suggestion of Soller. We have just returned from a week in Soller.

Had hoped to get a bit of a trip report together over the weekend as we did so much and thought it would be nice to share some hints/tips - but never got the chance. Will get it together over the next few days.

We stayed at Casa Bouganvillea - all that you are looking for in your accommodation criteria. Wrote a review tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g319794-d6116…

We had intended to book a car for a few of the days we were there, but due to the accessability by public transport to outlining areas - we had no need to. Soller itself is beautiful, but Fornalutx is an easy walk (or an €8 taxi ride/€1.10 bus ride) away. Was voted Spain's most beautiful village (and I'd reckon it is). We also visited Deia, Valdermossa, Palma and Sa Calobra.

Will get that report together over the next few days, and it might just whet your appetite. I'm certainly looking forward to going back :-)

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

Thank you very much, I will have a look at both places!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

Here's a site for you as well.

http://www.sollernet.com/hotelen.html

6. Re: Best area to stay in Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 17:17