We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

Hi all,

Have narrowed the holiday search down to either Soller, Pollensa or Cala D'or. Cala D'or seems to have the best accommodation, but before I book it, I wonder if anyone could help with whether there are any truly exceptional restaurants in the area? Both Soller and Pollensa have Michelin star restaurants near by, but there don't appear to be any in Cala D'or.

We would like to have a couple of special meals whilst away, and as we like have wine with it, driving isn't an option!

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Cala Santanyi
Cala Santanyi
155 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Hotel D'Or
Hotel D'Or
289 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Kingfisher Restaurant
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Antic Grill
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, European
Bottega Bay Rocks and Stones
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, European, British
5 replies to this topic
Glasgow
Level Contributor
793 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

We stayed in Cala d'or last year for part of our holiday and dined out some nights in the Marina area and once or twice in the town area. As far as I am aware there are no Michelin star restaurants in the resort but we thought we ate quite well, some meals were pretty memorable when you consider the wonderful setting of many on the restaurants near the water. We liked Aquarius (ate there 3 times) and Proas very much, Proas isn't as near the sea but it has lovely views over the water and is very authentically Spanish. Port Petit gets a very good name but we didn't eat there.

In town we went to Rustic and C'an Trompe both of which were ok.

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Aquarius
Aquarius
833 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Port Petit
Port Petit
317 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
liverpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

Out of curiosity why does it have to be a Michelin starred restaurant? there are many excellent restaurants in Cala D'or (town and port), I believe most of them even sell wine.

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

They don’t have to be Michelin star; I know that there aren’t any in the area. I simply meant restaurants that offer that level of food. Tasting menus in particular.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

The are no MS restaurants but four that spring to mind for excellent quality food and fabulous views are Port Petti, Escala, Gadus and the Yacht Club, in fact the is a 5th La Tabla all on the marina the only place I can think of in the town is Can Trompe.

Mentioned in this post
L'Escala
L'Escala
Costa Brava, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?

Very helpful, thank you!

Reply to: Michelin star level of restaurants in Cala D'or?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted