We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help, Please

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help, Please

1. Does anybody know exact route from Seville airport SVQ to Vertice Hotel by public transportation?

2. Also any tips on Ryanair boarding. Need extra time before flight? More difficult than any regular airlines or just the same? They only allow online check-in, so I thought maybe some other difficulties.

Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,548 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help, Please

There is only one means of public transportation from the airport into the city, the bus Especial Aeropuerto (EA on the website mentioned below.)

This goes nowhere even remotely near that hotel, so I am afraid it may have to be a taxi. It's about 4 miles so will not cost a lot.

If you are brave, consult the city transit map at www.tussam.es and you may be able to figure out a route by bus. The website is only in Spanish. (I tried to open the bus map but it wouldn't respond.)

I am sure you are aware that the Vertice hotel is about 4 miles from the city centre. You will need to consult the bus map in any case if intending to go into the city.

Sorry I have never used Ryanair, so cannot comment on their boarding procedures other than it is first come, first served for a good seat unless you pay extra for priority boarding.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help, Please

Have once stayed at Vertice. It's in Sevilla Este and about 7 kms from the old city area. If you want to take a bus then the airport bus will take you into Seville via the Avenida de Kansas City and will finish next to a park : Prado de San Sebastian. (the final stop) you would need to walk around the corner of the park towards the north and where the tram is and look for the stop on CARLOS V AVENIDA (park is still next to you) for bus Route 22. Prado - Seville Este. This bus will go past the Seville football stadium reaching the main route east out of Seville called Avenida Andalucia and fly down this wide road until it turns off into Avenida de la Aeronautica where the Vertice is on the left side across the road. You should be able to see the hotel once you finally turn off the main road or ask the driver. the stop should come up on the indicator board : LA AERONAUTICA (Helios) or something like that. It's a fairly easy and frequent bus journey.

You can look up more info on TUSSAM.

I suggested going right to the end of the bus route from the airport although once you know the ropes, you can change buses on Avenida de San Francisco Javier which may save you some minutes. Cross over this road to take the 22.

Don't know what you mean about Ryanair. Depends if you are travelling light with cabin bag or not I suppose. You must read through all the T&C on the web site to fully understand all. Ryanair now has a 'hub' at Seville airport so promises to provide a larger service and so far have found them excellent. I think best advice is to read the terms and follow these and you won't go wrong. Ryanair has a desk at Seville airport for problem solving in case you need it.

Taxis do charge for 'waiting time' at the airport and you will probably be charged anything around €20. the taxis are metered just depends on the quickest route they take etc etc.

Airport bus costs €2.30 and the fare on the 22 is €1.20

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help, Please

Espanol es no problema para me. :-) Gracias por su auda. I am much better prepared now.

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help, Please

Dear Cadiz_Lover, thanks a million! Super detailed info; just what I needed. Muchas gracias.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help, Please

If the Vertice hotel is in Sevilla Este the easiest thing o do is to take a taxi from the airport. Sevilla Este is very close to Seville airport, so does not seem logical to go all the way in to the centre of Seville, only to go back out the same way.

My frinds live in Sevilla Este and from their house to the airport takes about 10 mins by car.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help, Please

Logic and Spain ? The airport at San Pablo is indeed not far as the crow flies and with local knowledge there is a fairly quick way but my feeling is that taxi drivers will use the 'ring road' SE-30 Circunvalacion to get to Hotel Vertice and then the distance covered is almost the same as going to "down town" and as I said above it will cost probably €20 at least from airport. From the airport the taxi will have basic airport charges to add to the fare and in my experience unless you are a local with clear instructions and ability to negotiate with the driver concerning the route then the cost is going to be as I said. Of course using public transport is going to be less convenient and slower - that's for sure. But the decision will be left to olegbolotov. At least the options are stated.

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help, Please

Dear Cadiz_Lover, I speak enough Spanish and lived in 3 countries and have learned to use common sense and ask the drivers before dropping in the car w/o asking the price and giving clear instructions. That's exactly what I do, and that's what I appreciate in your advice. Thanks again.

Edited: 06 December 2010, 11:30
Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help, Please

Dear Hermana, I absolutely agree with you. Thanks a lot!

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help, Please

Whatever means of transport you use to get to your hotel I am sure you will have a great time as Seville is a lovely city. The locals will also appreciate the fact you speak Spanish.

Enjoy!

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help, Please

Dear Expert for Faro: by the way, we were in Faro and along all coast, and it was awesome!